project 2 prelim roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
andramada

project 2 prelim roughs

Post by andramada »

This is the layout I am feeling for my project 2
I will be using flexbox and percent scaling for my boxes
roughs01_index.jpg
roughs01-02.jpg
roughs01-03.jpg
roughs01-04.jpg
here's a link to my sites map, needs and goals, and style guide (I don't know how this will show)
GRC 275 site info.zip
(404.47 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
my logo may or may not show but I have attached it. as well as used it in my nav bar of the website

NalaniN

Re: project 2 prelim roughs

Post by NalaniN »

Adorable bees and nice concept! I love the honeycomb background, although it seems a bit strong so you might consider fading it a little. The shop layout seems really organized and easy for customers to navigate. The company name needs more contrast from its background. Also, some of the text seems too small, especially on the mobile layout. Overall it's a very cute and inviting shop!

Nalani

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

BEES!

Looks like you've got yourself a fun store concept here, Jacquline. I would like to have seen another design, though.

The hive concept is working well. I like the little accent bees all over the place. They repeat and strengthen your branding. Pollinating the hive. And they add visual texture and make the thing feel busy in a good way. It almost feels like the bees are running the shop and you are buying directly from them. I'd move some of the bees from behind the type to out along the edges so your type is a little more legible. The honeycomb texture is nice too, though it is a bit visually strong. I'd recommend lightening it a bit so it's not quite so dominant.

They layout is very clean and easy to follow. I have no problem separating out product listings from general info from news. The colors work well and have generally good contrast. Your margins are good and everything is clean and pretty easy to see.

Your logo is very nice as well. It gives the store a home arts and crafts feeling. I'd make the text black so it can be seen within the honey at the top. Right now it vanishes. Your logomark is plenty visible though and is doing a good job of making the store feel warm and inviting.

I like where you're going here. Good work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

One might say that this is "The bees knees"! I dig it! Nice work choosing color, and the layout is wonderful. For an improvement, what about making the "shop now" text a darker color, something that contrasts with the rest of the design a bit maybe! Also, while I really like the logo in the top left, it is hard to read. Really the same issue as the "shop now", albeit in a different place. Nicely done, can't wait for the end result!!

emilyduke:3

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Great rough! The theme is very strong and fits perfectly with the product. I actually like the patterned background, although I think the white overlay could be a little less transparent because it's a little busy when trying to read products. I think the bee accent could be a great graphic to have continued throughout the site like on sale items, etc.

lewlewland

Post by lewlewland »

These roughs do a really good job at showing what the site is however I feel like the background is a bit too strong. It would be nice to see the color of the background a lot lighter so that it doesn't stand out too much but is still noticeable. The header looks excellent!