project 2 ~ Final

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Marco horta

project 2 ~ Final

Post by Marco horta »

Hello Everybody!

Here is the link to project two final http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... index.html

also here is a link to my updated Color Style Guide http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... pdated.pdf
let me know what do you think thank you.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

Stephski

Re: project 2 ~ Final

Post by Stephski »

Hello Marco,

Your website is looking good! I only noticed that your contact information (email address and credits to the contact form author) at the bottom of "About Us" is getting lost. Everything else looks great, good job on the responsive design!
Stephanie Kendziorski.

selvester

Post by selvester »

hey Marco!

This green site makes me think of bonfires on warm summer nights and it's raining outside, no fair! However your product pages turned out well. Your margins look good and all content is centered evenly, good job. I think a lightbox for each product image might be nice. This might allow your customers see all the details of the landscapes. Great work overall!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
Your site is looking great!
Would make the image size bigger, to really make it pop out!

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there! I really like how your design is so cohesive and well thought out, I can tell from your style guide that you really put a lot of thought into making all of the elements work together perfectly! : )

The color scheme is great, the pictures are gorgeous, and if I was significantly more wealthy I'd buy some landscaping.

The only things I noticed on the negative side is that I kind of wish there were written descriptions for products. Even for a school project, it takes you out of the experience if there's just filler in the text boxes, and other than that your website is a great experience to use! Additionally, I really don't like how the cart link in your top nav bar takes you straight to a checkout page for $20,000. Customer's might find that a liiiiittle bit jarring. X D (also, the font in your cart is still comic sans. kill it, kill it with fire!!!!) (just kidding!)

Aside from that, your site is drop dead gorgeous! Fantastic job!
~ Kieley Smith

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hi,

Overall your website is beautiful! Your email and your "by Marco" is getting lost, also the TMCC logo seems to be a little squished at the bottom. Great job overall!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Very nice, sir. The roll-on lawn website Your cart is well integrated and you've made some subtle design improvements as well. I especially like the slight drop shadow behind your type and images and your revised margins. The top bar is still nicely bold and the navigation is easy to use. I'm glad you didn't tweak the color scheme, the green and gold work so well together.

Just a couple of things could have been improved from my point of view. One, I'm not keen on the stock blue for the text links on your website. It blends into your green too much. Two, I would have liked to see a little additional styling on your cart itself. Your logo was a great start, but I would have liked to see more.

I'm still picturing all the trees, bushes, pavers and decks popping up as the whole thing get's unrolled. Lol!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262