Project 01 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
wilson_iii

Project 01 Preliminary Critique

Post by wilson_iii »

home-desktop.png
desktop-television-appearances.png
home-mobile.png
mobile-appearances.png

Here are my roughs for Project 1. I made the social media icons larger on the mobile design after making these images. I can't decide if the footer on the mobile home needs enlarging as well.

emilyduke:3

Re: Project 01 Preliminary Critique

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Hi!

I like the big title "batman" covering the nav bar that feels pretty unique to me and is satisfying to look at. I also think your galleries (mobile and desktop) are going to do great with a simple grid! The colors are nice too, although I don't know if you need the added blue in there!

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Will,

Nice work, and nice topic choice!

The site looks very uncluttered so things are easy to find. You really gave a lot of thought to people's privacy which is fantastic! That always makes me feel more comfortable when I visit a new site. And, if there's anyone who should care about personal privacy, it's Bruce W--I mean Batman. I like your desktop "click to expand" section. It appears very user-friendly, and it's unusual, at least to me, so I find it interesting. The topics are interesting also, so I'd want to read each section too.
The mobile home page feels a bit too plain. Maybe add an image in there somewhere -- possibly even faintly-transparent in the background where the gray is now. The interior, though, has great images to feed fan excitement.

I look forward to seeing the finished site!

Nalani

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hah! Well aren't I a dingus. I completely forgot to leave you feedback for this thing, Will. Welp, here I am.

Great choice in topic. Batman's my fave DC superhero and this site does him justice.

Good use of contrast throughout your design. I like how you took Batman's colors and lightened them a touch. It gives it a little less of a brooding affect and a bit more technological which fits the sliding scale of darkness that Batman's various incarnations operate under. I like the way the sire smoothly transitions from computer to mobile layout without compromising the look and feel of the website one bit. Nice continuity. Your navigation is easy to see and use and I can visually get around your layout without much in the way of visual stumbles.

My only nitpicks are that I think the site could use a little yellow here and there since it's one of Batman's colors and that the site looks a little plain, which you've solved in later versions by putting a damn movie in the background!

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262