Project #3 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
emilyduke:3

Project #3 Prelim

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Hi everyone,

Here are my roughs for project #3. I chose to rebrand Burning Man! The logo is a minimal representation of the bird's eye view of the event, which with all the cars/tents set up creates a half-circle- which doubles as a rainbow as well so I wanted to add color in there. Let me know what you think!
Attachments
rough_02_01.jpg
rough_02_02.jpg
rough_02_01_mobile.jpg
rough_02_02_mobile.jpg
rough_01_01.jpg
rough_01_02.jpg
rough_01_01_mobile.jpg
rough_01_02_mobile.jpg

NalaniN

Re: Project #3 Prelim

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Emily,

Very nice! You've chosen very active, interesting images to draw visitors in and make them interested in the event. The idea of making a rainbow as the menu button is creative. It might take a moment for people to realize that's what it is, but I think they'd figure it out quickly enough and it wouldn't be an issue, especially due to the placement. I like that the layouts are pretty simple and clean because there's enough going on in the images that the website is far from boring. I think both layout ideas are winners and could work just fine for the event. :)

Nalani

lewlewland

Post by lewlewland »

I really like the set of roughs with the blue grey background color and the contrasting orange type. These look very professional to me and caught my eye the most out of all of the designs. I also really like the logo and font choices that you've made. This will be a very nice looking site, great job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

And yet another one that I somehow forgot to leave feedback on. My apologies. Here's my two cents.

Hm. I usually chase the contrast, but in this case I actually prefer your "01"s. The lighter gray almost blends with the sky and offsets your images nicely. I also like how the one-color Multiverse logo looks with it.

You've still got the contrast though with that top bar. It's a great framing element that lets you show off the full color rainbow and draws the eye up to the navigation which is easy to see and use. I like your color choices as well. The colors are all echoed by your photos which really ties the whole composition together, Speaking of photos, you've made some great choices there, too. They very much visually sum up Burning Man, especially that collage of burning things on your home/splash page. I see your design collapses nicely down into mobile without losing it's essence. Great margins throughout all your layouts. All the objects have room to breathe.

"Multiverse" and the logo are slightly off center on your mobile design. On your computer layout I'd also bring the Burning Man logo just a touch to the left so the "N" in man and the "E" in "Multiverse" line up.

Nicely done!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262