Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
joshua.miles

Roughs

Post by joshua.miles »

Hello class

Please Read First

So I guess I had a similar concept to Brandon. I could not decide on just one designer in one field. I have been doing design for as long as I remember, starting in architecture and through to graphic and web design. Each project inspires me in different ways and resources. I chose to call my site 'hard work always pays'. I felt that working hard and smart while designing normally pays off. I guess I was looking for a quirky way to inspire and influence people in my own way. I created a logo that will be implemented into the site (and may go through changes). So basically this site will showcase three of my most influential designers, why and some of the work I have created. Throughout the site there will be small self-help type blurbs that will help guide people through design or something like that (haha). The three categories for the designers will be Architecture (Frank Lloyd Wright), Typography (Herb Lubalin) and Design or Art or Graphics (Mike Lin).
Thanks.
Joshua
Attachments
Logo
Logo
Design 1
Design 1
Design 2
Design 2

kylesmith

Re: Roughs

Post by kylesmith »

I think these look good. Will be interesting to see the rest of it and your color scheme and imagery etc.

Design 1: Instead of 'H' 'I' 'A' 'P' for the links I would like to see icons instead. Not really clear on how the designer 1, designer2, designer3 transfers over into the phone but I think the rest of it has a good design to go mobile with. I don't see to many problems you will run into. For the iphone screen you may want to think about stacking the links 2x2 since your text at that size will be unreadable for the links. Or it will be like 8pt or something like that. Then your margins suffer and it starts to look like its forced which is never good.

Design2: I think everything looks good. You'll need something behind the logo like an image or that will look empty. When it goes to mobile I would keep text over icons. Mostly because there are no hover states in mobile land so if a user sees your site for the first time on mobile they will be guessing what the icons means which is normally not too good. For the designer section I think doing some kind of tabs or accordion for each designer would be cool. You could also place them in a slider(that looks like the page ie not obviously a slider) and have swipe controls and arrows for backup nav or something like that. If you like that idea but dont know how to do it I can totally show you how.
Kyle Smith

BrandonBarringer

Post by BrandonBarringer »

I def like design 2. I would stick with both icons & type. The more recognizable your nav is the better. The flow and hierarchy of the page feels good.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

I really like design 2. It works well and has a creative flow to it. Your logo is awesome!
Tina Bodden

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I like the second design best, the circular elements on the pages work well with the initial logo design.

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

Design 2 : )
Ashlie Nelson

treesa

Post by treesa »

I think both layouts would work but would need to see more detail until I can visualize which one I like better