Project 3 Soundsystem Comps

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kylesmith

Project 3 Soundsystem Comps

Post by kylesmith »

So when I got this project I didn't know what inspired me. I use a few websites daily for inspiration but I don't idolize any designers. I have a few developer types that I'm fond of but didn't want to create something that was a shrine to that person or just a recreation of their personal website. So I did something different. To record labels dismay I am going to create a personal playlist website where you can listen to my personal playlist that I use every day at work while I make cool shit.

Design wise I have always wanted to do a simple solid background not much going on website with lots of type, using only alignments to keep things organized. So thats what I did. I also wanted it to have some personality so I made it POP. FYI each song will have its own bright neon like color which will effect the site globally when that song is playing. Let me know what you think.

Comps I included:
First: Desktop Version
Second: Tablet
Third: Tablet w/ Menu Open
Fourth: Phone Version

The phone will have the same menu as the tablet just didn't feel like recreating that in my PSDs.

Click on each comp image to advance to the next screen.
http://kylesmith.me/
Kyle Smith

joshua.miles

Re: Project 3 Soundsystem Comps

Post by joshua.miles »

Nice work as always. Im enjoying the color scheme. I feel like the header isnt quite dominant enough. I keep looking directly at NOW PLAYING, i think that should be downplayed a little and put more emphasis on the header (logo). Maybe do something with the type or the color. I like on the full size version how the artist buttons are designed. Its stands out and it makes that design in particular way more dynamic than the smaller versions. Maybe play with another typeface for the body, futura at super small sizes gets sort of jumbled.

You always give great feedback hope this helps.

Joshua

kylesmith

Post by kylesmith »

Thanks for the feedback. I think im going to go away from futura for this project. I use that damn font too much. So that will probably change when I build the site. As for the now playing vs the header. I wanted that to be the main focus but I think I will rework it so the emphasis is on the band playing and not the word now playing. I dont care too much about the header though as far as hierarchy goes.
Kyle Smith

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

Looks great! I like your concept and the color scheme you picked. The only thing that I am unsure of is your hierarchies. They look to be a little mixed in.
Tina Bodden

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

Nice work. I think the headline needs to be more dominant like Josh stated, it is smaller than the sub head. I also feel the imagery should be more predominant, maybe by reducing the the size of the type.

treesa

Post by treesa »

Looks great but I think the type could use some variety