Preliminary Project 3

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
walters36

Preliminary Project 3

Post by walters36 »

Here is to the last project of the semester.
Would love all the feed back I can get to make the final project great! :)
Attachments
about.jpg
portfolio .jpg
home.jpg
Lindsey Walters

brienicole

Re: Preliminary Project 3

Post by brienicole »

I don't really know what the difference is between them, but for sure you need to see about getting all those images the same size so it looks cleaner and the eye knows where to go.
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.

joshua.miles

Post by joshua.miles »

This guy is awesome!

I think you need to really try to visualize a mobile concept. This way you can see how the site needs to flow as it shrinks and grows. Your concepts right now feel very static.
I like the imagery and the stark black and white logo and nav.

Joshua

kylesmith

Post by kylesmith »

These are a bit all over the place. I think your best option is to combine the two pages and use that as your first page. On the first page your line length is too long and it looks sparse with all that black. Add some more imagery or someway to add some intrest and adjust the line length. The next two comps will be hard to accomplish "cleanly". There just doesn't seem to be a great deal of organization with them. Look into using some kind of grid to organize the work. That will make your life much easier when it comes time to build it.
Kyle Smith

BrandonBarringer

Post by BrandonBarringer »

I like the logo. Navigation is okay. Everything else needs work. Your line length on the first page is way too long. Rule of thumb here is about 8-14 words per line or 50-75 characters. The is too much white space, and no hierarchy on the other 2.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

The start of your site is coming along well. I am not sure of the placement of your images. It is a little unorganized.
Tina Bodden

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I like the first page, but I think you should break up the type into two columns because the line length seems really long. I think the gallery pages need more visual alignment, the placement of the images looks haphazard to me.

treesa

Post by treesa »

I like the black background, your block of type on your first design might be difficult to follow. A little scattered on the images but very eye-catching design