Roughs for project 3!

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
nelso220

Roughs for project 3!

Post by nelso220 »

I would like to do my website on a foreign cultural icon in Japan, a man named Shigesato Itoi. He's very known for various reasons in Japan which include things like a copywriter essayist and voice actor, but outside of Japan he's mostly known for being the creator of the "Mother" video game series, or better known as "Earthbound," under Nintendo. The series has become one of my biggest inspirations both as an artist/designer and as a person in general. : )

My two designs I want to be playful looking, but fairly simple, with an iconic character in the series, Mr. Saturn.

I don't know if we're supposed to have mobile designs yet or not. I'm going to try designing down on this one. Let me know what you guys think : )
Attachments
11-27-2012 4;59;09 PM.JPG
11-27-2012 5;00;19 PM.JPG
Ashlie Nelson

brienicole

Re: Roughs for project 3!

Post by brienicole »

I kind of like the bottom one because hes peeking out and its cute. But I like the stacking of the other one too...which in the end may lend it self better to responsiveness.

Side note.. that character looks like Ziggy. ( am I aging myself?)
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.

BrandonBarringer

Post by BrandonBarringer »

I like the second set of designs. The large head is more fun/dynamic. I would try to break up the large block of text though.

joshua.miles

Post by joshua.miles »

I think the second set will work best. I like how the character is looking up at the information drawing your eye in. But i would defiantly conceptualize mobile or tablet versions. The purpose of this site is to be responsive and I think it will help having 'wireframes' so its easier to visualize how your site flows onto a smaller screen.

Joshua

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

I like your second concept. The image on the bottom of the page gives it a simple look but also allows it to show the inspiration of your site.
Tina Bodden

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I like the second design, I think the large image is fun and unexpected.

treesa

Post by treesa »

I also like the second one, the image is eye-catching