Bries Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
brienicole

Bries Roughs

Post by brienicole »

So I am going to design a site off of Brassai... hes a photographer

If you can believe it there is NO relation to Doctor Who! I know shocking.

but here are my ideas

and then I changed the shape a bit and added texture.. although Im pretty solid on wanting to go very minimal so that his photos are the main attraction ;)
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.

miss_kristine

Re: Bries Roughs

Post by miss_kristine »

I like the first designs. I think the white amplifies the photography better than the gray and it's minimalism makes the photos the star.

vtat

Post by vtat »

Both of your designs are very similar, but the first designs speaks more of photography than the second design, but it I really like the texture background you have for the second design, it gives the grainy feelings from the black and white photography...
Vy Tat

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

Your designs are very similar but I do like the first design. It shows the photography off instead of it blending in.
Tina Bodden

joshua.miles

Post by joshua.miles »

I agree they are similar too but nice concepts. I like the frist one i think the logo and gray band behind it go better with the overall feel of the site. I know you can do responsive already but id like to see a mobile version maybe :). Overall very clean design that compliments the photographer.

Joshua

kylesmith

Post by kylesmith »

I like them both since they look so similar. The only real headache/annoying thing you will have to deal with is your menu isn't responsive friendly. At least you may need to add a lot of break points to keep it in a line that stretches across the screen like that. You'll see when you build it. menus that take up the full line like that are annoying to deal with.
Kyle Smith

BrandonBarringer

Post by BrandonBarringer »

Its true your menu is gonna be a pain. I like the subtle grey design. I thing it is easier on the eyes.

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

Ya thanks guys, some of the layout is changing a bit to compensate for responsiveness but itll do...
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.

treesa

Post by treesa »

I like your designs but definitely think the round logo is better as it breaks up all the squareness of the rest of the design.