project 3 finale-Charlie Johnson

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cj9497

project 3 finale-Charlie Johnson

Post by Cj9497 »

Hi everyone

I had a hard time with this one at first everything wasn't working at first but I figured it out at the end. With this one, I tried to keep everything simple with the overall design.

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html

Cole_Richarrds

Re: project 3 finale-Charlie Johnson

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

This looks really good! I like the colors you used, I might have chosen a different font for the challenge page. Overall well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Charlie, nice logo man! I really like how you added some gradient into your character - gradients bring things to life! Good overall color scheme. I guessing that you're a yogurt fan, right?
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Charlie, I really like the fun flow you got going on your own made background. Way to go, I think you were the only one to make your own background and it shows a lot of effort. I like the way you were very focused on making that happen!
In the future you can strengthen yourself in using alt tags and titles (Google scores your popularity higher if you have catchy titles). I like your logo simple, pure, and fresh looking.

Did classmate critiques: yes
eye catching home: yes
page about the event: yes the Challenge
news page about the latest goings-on at the event: no
gallery page: no
Event Schedule/calendar: no
informational page on how people can get involved: yes stacking challenge
map: no
mail form: it does not work though there is a form.

responsive working: yes

Info page: yes

alt tags on images. Yes except note: please make alt tags very descriptive. Example: alt=" pink strawberry yoplait cup" Also logo does not explain to someone what the logo actually looks like. alt tags are for those who cannot see the image and your descriptions in alt tags is supposed to allow their screen reader to read to them what the image looks like.
live and fully functional: yes
title, meta tags, keywords, alt tags: some yet no keywords, and alt tags need to be descriptive, and no title
External Style sheet used to control layout: yes
Creative solution: yes
Clarity of communication: yes
aesthetics: color, typography, layout, etc.: yes and the mobile version of type is difficult to read as it is too dark and the roll over does not work with finger moussing.
effective navigation: yes
effective information and interface design: yes
working-graphics submitted: no
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262