project 3 prelim-Charlie Johnson

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cj9497

project 3 prelim-Charlie Johnson

Post by Cj9497 »

For this project, I wanted to promote a yogurt website like Yoplait. I chose to make my logo for Yoplait. With this website, I hope to promote its many different flavors of yogurt. With the yellow and red shape one I was going off their color scheme a little bit. If you guys looking at it could give me a critique on my page layout, that is one of my struggles with this class. I would sure appreciate it.
fruity-vertical-home.jpg
fruity-info-vertical.jpg
fruity-info.jpg
fruity-home.jpg
For my next set I thought of designing each page out of a different flavor type. I made the background a rainbow type of gradient type of color to represent the different flavors. I hope to create an engaging website.
rainbow-vertical-home.jpg
rainbow-vertical-contact.jpg
rainbow-design-home.jpg
rainbow-design-contact.jpg

liv-lil_cactux

Re: project 3 prelim-Charlie Johnson

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Very cool Charlie!
I like your first design more, Nice use of imagery. I would try out more colors/ values but overall this is great.

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi!
I like the top design most. The colors fit well with the yogurt brand. My only suggestion would be to tone the colors down a tad, or maybe use transparent squares under the body copy, so that there are no contrast issues. Good job!
-Bella Meyer

Cole_Richarrds

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, these look good! I agree that the first design is the strongest, but like bella said, I would try some different colors, you could have those same colors but drop the value so they are more pastel compared to the product which is a lot brighter. Good work!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Charlie,
The first design looks really good, the colors are fun. What is your favorite flavor?
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Charlie,
I like your 1st design the best. The colors are super fun and I could see you making this into an amazing website to celebrate all things yogurt! Your yogurt jar/cup is a great logo, maybe use it as a small icon in your header next to the navigation too? I could add a little consistency going from page to page. Good work!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

Christopher B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:12 pm Hi Charlie,
The first design looks really good, the colors are fun. What is your favorite flavor?
My favorite flavor is the strawberry banana one.

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

I love your first design the best, the flow of the colors and shapes really pull everything together and give me the sense of smoothie. It has a sense of movement that epitomizes being in a blender :)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Charlie!

Good work here! Everyone loves yogurt. I think I am leaning towards the first set, I just like the background. I would consider playing with the color scheme more. You should keep the base colors, but some various hue and value changes could make it more cohesive. Great job regardless.

Isaac

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Charlie I do like the flavor idea on your second mock up, and that your text is not conflicting/competing with any of the other elements. ON you rfirst mockup, the bold colors catch my attention. If you decide to go with the 1st, it is important that you do not allow your text to compete and conflict by overwriting on the background elements, meaning do not let your text to cross over the boundry of the next wavy background line. You could simply be sure each text box is separate, or One way to handle this could be to curve your text to match the flow of the background, but caution if you try that I would not do more than 3-4 lines of whimsical curved text.

If you were going to do the first idea, not curving text, your text box on the brown area would have a light color text so you could see it on the brown, and then a DIFFERENT text box on the white area. I am liking this logo of yours! I prefer the first color scheme because it is bold and different
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262