prelim project #2

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
walters36

prelim project #2

Post by walters36 »

here we go I'm thinking about changing a lot of the site now that i have come up with this new idea for the product page.
Attachments
product_page.jpg
accessorize_product_page2.jpg
Lindsey Walters

kylesmith

Re: prelim project #2

Post by kylesmith »

If you are going for the tab'd look I would recommend going the other direction...vertically. Type is hard to read in a vertical line like that and depending on the size of you content within each section it might look cramped or empty. Going vertically solves all these problems. If you are looking to make it all show and hide on the same page there are a ton of js libraries that can handle this for you. Even doing it custom isn't as hard as you might think. I think the colors could mesh a little better. I think it would look better as more of a progression from one color to another across the spectrum if that makes sense. Would be good to show how you are actually going to display each product within each section but I like the idea you have.
Kyle Smith

vtat

Post by vtat »

I like your "tabs" idea! And I think it's quite creative as compared to your first design. I do agree with Kyle, I'm not a fan of vertical type, it's too hard to read and follow through, so maybe something like having the type horizontally and rotate it -90...this way will probably save you some time playing with spacing as well.
Vy Tat

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I personally choose the second design because of the imagery and it just goes better with your website design imo.

If you want the tab design to work, I'd say definitely add the imagery in there. : )
Ashlie Nelson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I hate to be wishy-washy, but both designs have their strengths and weaknesses. The second design is a more traditional layout of product categories, while the tabbed layout is atypical and eye catching. Sorting through the tabs makes me almost think of sorting through clothes on a clothing rack. The second design is a very clean, "show, don't tell" layout, easy to follow and use.

The second design should be pretty easy to pull off, just some div tags and images, while the first will be much more technically challenging, but if you can pull it off, more interesting both visually and from a usability standpoint.

The first design, if you decide to go with it, will definitely need some images. That is the big advantage of the second design; it's imagery. Maybe have some clothes peaking between the tabs.

I'd say give the tabbed design a shot and if it doesn't work, go for the second layout.

A good continuation and improvement over your first site.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I think the tab idea is a neat one. I think if you do it, I would put the type at the top of the tab and also add a gradient to the page tabs to add more depth to it. I think a cool transition for clicking on a different tab would be neat as well. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.