p03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
bmeyer

p03 Prelim

Post by bmeyer »

Hi everyone,

For my event, I chose Outside Lands. It is a music festival in San Francisco. Their original brand colors are green and orange. I changed it to blues and cream to create a west coast/ocean vibe. I also made a wordmark, but I will be making a logo as well. For my first layout, I wanted to use a lot of pictures. I used a hamburger menu because I haven't done one before, and figured I probably should, at some point. For my second layout, I tired to make more simple. I don't fully love either design at the moment but I'm going to keep playing around with both.
*Please pretend the windmill is an illustration*

design 1:
outsidelandsroughs-01.jpg
outsidelandsroughs-01.jpg (32.86 MiB) Viewed 61863 times
outsidelandsroughs-02.jpg
design 2:
outsidelandsroughs-03.jpg
outsidelandsroughs-04.jpg
outsidelandsroughs-05.jpg
outsidelandsroughs-06.jpg
outsidelandsroughs-07.jpg
outsidelandsroughs-08.jpg
-Bella Meyer

liv-lil_cactux

Re: p03 Prelim

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Great work Bella! I like the first one best, it has a very captivating image. Maybe play around with more varying shades of purple? Overall this looks great though

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I also like the first design better the color choice of the background does make the colors of the imagery stick out extremely well. The placement of the imagery seems to be spot on. Great Job with the West Coast vibes.

Cole_Richarrds

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, these look really nice, i think the second is the better of the two, the layout is easy to navigate and read. One thing I would work on is the color choices, I don't think that the blue and yellow work that well together, maybe a lighter blue and a less orange yellow if that makes sense, also I would not use that font for the titles/subheads, there are a few other sans-serif heavy fonts that would play a bit better. Otherwise these look really good!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Bella,
Can we go with you? Lol, what a fun choice! Your second design is really good! Consider making an unconventional nav bar, maybe with the nav items displayed in a different manner....
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Bella!
So this will sound weird, but I think you should combine your two designs! You always do AMAZING work with color and large imagery, so definitely keep with the 1st design's theme there. But I love your layouts for the 2nd Windmill design. The rounded square border is really nice and sets a tone for your images too which is very appealing. My only suggestion might be to choose another color besides they vanilla/beigey yellow background, I'm not sure why it's not my favorite at this point, but it clashes slightly with the coolness of this event. I'm digging your wordmark too and can't wait to see your logo. Have fun with the hamburger menu!!!
-Johnna Chism ;)

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

I love this! I love your use of color and typography. I definitely am leaning toward the first one since it feels more united and readable.

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Bella!

Great work here, these concepts are great! The color choices are working well, but I think I am leaning toward the first set with the darker blue. It's less stressful on the eyes and works better with the shadows in the images. I would make sure to match the blue colors consistently throughout your layout!

Good job regardless!
Isaac

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Bella,
I really like both of your designs, but I think that the second one is the best one of the two. The colors you chose are nice and the bright blue is easy to read and goes well with the background color. I would make the smaller bold text the darker blue color you chose, to make the bigger brighter type stand out even more. I think you could move the experience and info buttons a bit farther away from the top and right, maybe you could move it a bit down and to the left. Great job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Bella, really? you do not like your first design? hmm I think it really stands out as excellent. Great font mixture, not sure if that is your own or theirs, like it either way. The inner page of Layout 1 could be broken up into yet another page, too much going on there I think.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262