Project03 - Prelim - Head in the Clouds

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
YoAdrian!

Project03 - Prelim - Head in the Clouds

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hello.
I created a fake event, that I feel should be a real one, it's called "Reno Cloud Fest." The idea is that people gather together to SLOW DOWN and LOOK UP and enjoy the sky, the clouds and all the amazingness. Events would include things like paiting clouds, music under the clouds, eating pizza under the clouds, animal shape contests...ect. Time to enjoy the sky and all things to do with clouds.

My 1st deisng is a little more "classic" but I wanted to try and work with drop shadows and more navigation areas of a website.
My 2nd design is more "simple" and is based off the logo. But I really wanted a chance to do better with navigation buttons and their responsiveness, so this will be a challenge even though the design looks easy. I've always just done the classic top navigation.

As always, thanks for checking it all out and good luck to everyone! Looking forward to seeing your stuff.

1st Design Layout
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc-01.png
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc-01.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 44712 times
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc-02.png
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc-03.png
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc-03.png (2.53 MiB) Viewed 44712 times
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc-04.png

2nd Design Layout
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc_Artboard 5.png
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc_Artboard 5.png (739.22 KiB) Viewed 44711 times
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc-06.png
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc_Artboard 7 .png
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc_Artboard 7 .png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 44711 times
grc275-proj3-roughs_jmc_Artboard 8.png
-Johnna Chism ;)

liv-lil_cactux

Re: Project03 - Prelim - Head in the Clouds

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Very cool Johnna, Love both of these layouts. Either one would be great. Well done!

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

Hello classmate,

I like both of your layouts I enjoy the illustration of the snail a lot. At first glance that really caught my eye. I thought you should go with that one, but on second glance it feels like the imagery of the clouds fits better. The one with the clouds seems to give a better understanding of the overall purpose.

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Johnna,
I really like the overall design of your first design. It home page feels very light and airy. However, I think your snail logo is super cute. So my suggestion would be to go with the top design but with the bottom logo. Good job!
-Bella Meyer

Cole_Richarrds

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi Johnna. I really like your second design, it is more simplistic but it feels more fun and lighthearded, if you did go for the first I might change the fonts, the slab serif sort of clashes with the rest, but the second one is looking awesome! I do have a tweak you could try for the logo, I wonder how it would look if the white text was the bolder and the black was the other size, I fine the white text a bit hard to see, your color choice is really good for the second, cant wait to see it finished!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Johnna,
Well done, you have two great versions of a website. Both take you in different directions - I would think about your target audience. Are you intending for a target audience that would find solace in the realism of the first design, or the animated style of the second design?
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Johnna
I really like your first design, I think it works better with the cloud style by itself. And the real-life pictures for the background really help it feel like a real life event, like there's a place I can somewhat attribute it to. I think your second design kind of loses focus with the slug/snail in the logo, and I have difficulty tying it to the cloud aspect. So I think your first design works best, the most I would change is the shape of the cloud in the logo to make "Reno" fit in better, while still maybe cutting it off at the "O". Keep it up!

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Johnna,

Great work as always! Reno Cloud Fest certainly sounds fun, I would go! As for layouts, I think you should do the second set. This is our last project in here, so I think challenging yourself (reasonably) could be great. As for a critique, I would consider aligning the top button with the top of the event description. Good job!

Isaac

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Johnna, I was so pleased to see this is a made up event, how creative! I like the first one the best. It is sad not to use the snail though, but clearly your cloud needs to be the logo, maybe the snail can be a mascot. I am thinking it could read: 11:00 but take your time
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262