Project 03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
isaacm03

Project 03 Prelim

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Class,

I chose Adobe Max for my project. It's a huge convention where creators are invited out by Adobe to connect and see new features in Adobe programs each year. For my layouts, I leaned into the green color over the red color prominently seen in Adobe Max branding. For my second layout, I took major inspiration from the Mac OS, which natively runs Adobe programs. I believe I am going to lean into this layout over the green one.

Let me know what you think.

Isaac
weblayout1a.png
weblayout1a.png (653.06 KiB) Viewed 43210 times
weblayout1b.png
weblayout1b.png (291.11 KiB) Viewed 43210 times
mobilelayout1a.png
mobilelayout1b.png

weblayout2a.png
weblayout2a.png (467.32 KiB) Viewed 43210 times
weblayout2b.png
weblayout2b.png (258.02 KiB) Viewed 43210 times
mobilelayout2a.png
mobilelayout2b.png

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 03 Prelim

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi Isaac, I've never heard of this event but you have me interested! I really like your concepts, I think that your second one is the strongest, I was thinking maybe instead of doing MacOS you could try to implement the look of adobe programs, they have very recognizable layouts an looks, maybe include a toolbar like the ones in Illustrator and Photoshop. I really like your use of fonts and color in the second design as well. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hey Cole,

These are so interesting! I like the adobe max one the colors look very inviting. I would mess around heigharchy a little bit more but this looks great overall.

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

Hi classmate:

I'm torn between the two layouts, but if I had to pick, I would go with the green one. However, I remember you mentioning that you were leaning towards the black one. The only issue with the black layout is that the color on the page tends to distract from the overall design. Maybe you could try desaturating the color just a tad. I think that would make the entire site stand out, rather than just one part.

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Issac,
I really like your second design. The minimalism works well with your black color scheme. I also think the black background really makes the logo stand out more. My only suggestion would be to add imagery. Good job!
-Bella Meyer

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Isaac,
The second design is really good - great use of color. Consider adding more visual elements that will increase your clickthrough rate.
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Isaac,
I agree, your 2nd design wins! BUT...green is kind of your colors and follows you around in your designs (a theme I've noticed these past couple of years), so I could definitely see you working in the green theme into the 2nd design some how. The only thing I would add at this point is maybe some additional photos or graphics as you enter into the site, which I'm sure you already hav plans for. Your fonts are clean and simple and really create for legibility. I especially enjoy your two-toned gray folders, good work!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hey Isaac,
I think your second design really screams Adobe the most, especially for the event you chose. I would say you could try adding more details and design choices similar to the UI on adobe products to really tie it all together, maybe an image with something from the conference. And I will say that the schedule page looks a bit empty, maybe you could make the folders a bit bigger or spread out, however you feel works best. Keep up the good work!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Isaac, I agree-even though green is my favorite color, I really like the color choice and layout of the 2nd one. But, for sure the body area also needs some of those splash of colors, not just black, right? Maybe some vertical or horizontal edge lines of same colors? This is a great way to have the user become invested, by interreacting on the folder to see what is happening.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262