Preliminary Rough

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
vtat

Preliminary Rough

Post by vtat »

Hello,

Here are my roughs for project two. I apologize for turning this in late, but here are what I've come up with so far...

Product layout 1
p2_l1.jpg
Product layout 2
p2_l2.jpg

Form layout
p2_l2a.jpg
I still need to come up with another layout for my contact form, :| I'm think of either using this rough layout or adding the contact form to my about page, i'm not sure yet which I will pick...
Vy Tat

kylesmith

Re: Preliminary Rough

Post by kylesmith »

I like product layout #2. Much more intuitive to navigate and better spacing. You may want to think about how you would display more products and if the product name is longer than product how is that going to look...

Reading
like this
isn't
very fun.

Just saying. Plus I think we need like 12 products if I'm remembering right. Also I would make the add to cart more buttony than just a text link. People are dumb and wont find where to buy the product if you leave it like that.

Contact form looks good just wondering what is going to go into the boxes to the right. Also you dont have to always put in a marquee for every page. Typically they are used as eye candy to grab peoples attention but I doubt you would really need one on the contact form page. Same goes for products unless you use it as a featured products section or something.

Overall I like the layout, I'm just trying to give some real feedback instead of it looks nice.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I agree with Kyle, I like your second product page best. It is a simpler layout that I think coincides with the rest of your website design so far.I also like the product navigation located just above the product descriptions. The contact form is a nice layout as well. I would suggest aligning the contact us! to the left rather than centered above the form.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

I agree as well. I like your second product page too! I also like your contact page. It is coming together well.
Tina Bodden

walters36

Post by walters36 »

I like the second layout because it shows what you are actually buying. and it reads better. and your form layout looks well done. but in the end I think the page will turn out.
Lindsey Walters

vtat

Post by vtat »

Thank you everyone for the critique! I too agree with all of you, and will probably go toward the direction of the second design for the product page. :)
Vy Tat

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I definitely like the second product layout more, I like the buttons : )

The contact form you have going on looks fine to me!
Ashlie Nelson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

It's a little tough to see exactly what you're doing with a couple of these wireframes, but from what I can tell you're going in a good direction.

First, your form. It looks nice and clean, but I share Kyle's concern about the heavy gray boxes on the right. I assume pictures are going in there or some design element. If not, then pull 'em and put something more visually interesting in.

Now for your product pages. I agree with the consensus that your second design works better than your first. Most of your air bottles are vertical or some variation thereof and having the image on top of the description rather than to one side or the other seems a bit of a waste of space, even if it does pedestalize the product. I would, on either design, replace the gray box button with miniature pictures of your products. You could even do a horizontally scrolling list of your products where the buttons are on your second one.

Overall, it appears to be an good continuation of your first design. Keep it up.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I like the layout of product 2 a little more. I think it is a neat idea and will work well with your layout and concept. I think the form page needs something more on the right side as it dominates a little more with just dark grey. I noticed it before I noticed the form. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.