Project 02 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
isaacm03

Project 02 Final

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi everyone!

This is my site for a fake store meant to provide better prices on expensive clothes. My main idea while making this site was to keep the images in the forefront, especially the clothes. They take up a lot of space, but that is what customers want to see the most. I redid my logo and structure entirely, as the one in my prelim felt too bland. This new logo really sets the tone for the site, and the menu on the left-hand side is something I don't see too often. I really like how this came out! I kept type pretty small for the most part, and that was a decision I made to put more emphasis on images. I usually work with larger type so this was more of a challenge also/ Personally, I think it works pretty well. Some of my mobile layouts could be touched upon, but that is my only gripe. Probably my favorite web design project yet.

Note- My site looks good on mobile layouts when viewed on firefox's responsive design mode - but seems to have issues when actually displayed on a phone. Not even sure how to fix it 8-)

Thanks for checking it out - Isaac

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... /project2/
Attachments
working-graphics.zip
(87.69 MiB) Downloaded 177 times

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 02 Final

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi Isaac! I really like your design, it is clean and simple with a nice use of layout and color. One thing I would change is add a bit more visual interest to the site, some more colors or different layout in some areas such as the store might have improved the design, as well as a bit more in the navigation, maybe some buttons. Otherwise it looks great and is responsive. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Issac,
I love this concept, especially the color scheme. Your logo totally sets the tone, as you stated, and the grittiness of the texture really catches your eye. I really like how when you enter the site, the landing page idea is carried over to the left of the screen, that's something I'll definitely try in the future. I know you made your decisions as a design element on your rollovers, but if I were try try anything it would be to maybe make the navigation rollovers more prominent, maybe with a background box to keep with your cool box layout? Maybe just something more than the underline. I really do like this, it's clean, yet progressive.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Isaac - very clean and functional site. Cool logo. Your models scare me however, I think they some Prozac or something, lol :D

Potential concepts: I was trying to get your Sunrise logo to center better for cell phones. The only thing I could come up with was to change the width value to 200px:

@media screen and (max-width: 640px) {
.mobilelogo {
width: 200px;
}
}
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

The logo is awesome and the store page caught my attention. On the store page, I like how the images are clickable and lead to a close-up shot of the item. the one thing that I would change, in the future is that the first two pages lack interest for me.

Great job on the website.

Charlie Johnson

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Issac!
Your site turned out great! I really like the whole vibe and the colors you chose. I also think its cool and unique that you put the nav bar on the side. The only thing I would change would be to make the product images full size on the individual pages, so that it shows them fully. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Isaac, I really like the Home Logo. I need to hit back twice after I submit the form to get back home. Nice Responsiveness. I like the form let's me know I was successful in sending. How do I get back to home page after I buy something? Buy button could be bigger How do I get back to home page after I buy something (see my note on Cole's)? Excellent e commerce form otherwise.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Isaac. This turned out really good. I really like the home page and how simple it is. Two of your images make it look like a really tall person, pretty funny.

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Nice Site! I like the minimalism of it and the logo looks very professional

Megosweet

Post by Megosweet »

Hey Isaac, I like your design for your site. Very simple and easy menu. You need to see what else is happening with your site and have to click through to see more. I like it!
Meg Thompson