Project 02 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cole_Richarrds

Project 02 Final

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Halfway done! I really like how the website came together, I took what some people said in preliminary and added more color, especially in the page titles and navigation, there's definitely more I could have done but I think it all came together well.

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project02/
Attachments
working-graphics.zip
(42.92 MiB) Downloaded 202 times
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Re: Project 02 Final

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Cole,

You did good on your site! I like the multiple pictures in the product page, and your drop-down menu is neat. I'm not too sure how I feel about the grey background. Your various body copy and use of color lends a friendlier impression than what is presented in the design. Maybe even using a white background would help with that. As a result, your use of colorful type feels very disconnected from the rest of the design at times. Besides that, your responsive design is great and feels well thought-out. Great work.

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Cole,
This is a really fun site. I like how you figured out how to make the hamburger menu rollover with cool colors! Too, how did you get the pages to force opening in a new tab? I'll have to figure out that trick for the contact page, such a nice trick. The only thing I may have done is to maybe add the prices to the website before you click "buy," but maybe you didn't want that? Sometimes surprises are good. Anyways, good work and nice job for getting it done way before the deadline!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cole_Richarrds

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

YoAdrian! wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:07 pm Hi Cole,
This is a really fun site. I like how you figured out how to make the hamburger menu rollover with cool colors! Too, how did you get the pages to force opening in a new tab? I'll have to figure out that trick for the contact page, such a nice trick. The only thing I may have done is to maybe add the prices to the website before you click "buy," but maybe you didn't want that? Sometimes surprises are good. Anyways, good work and nice job for getting it done way before the deadline!
Hi Johnna, to force opening a new tab you can add target="_blank" to an <a> element, thanks for the comments, I should have added the prices, it completely slipped my mind :lol:
isaacm03 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:32 am Hi Cole,

You did good on your site! I like the multiple pictures in the product page, and your drop-down menu is neat. I'm not too sure how I feel about the grey background. Your various body copy and use of color lends a friendlier impression than what is presented in the design. Maybe even using a white background would help with that. As a result, your use of colorful type feels very disconnected from the rest of the design at times. Besides that, your responsive design is great and feels well thought-out. Great work.

Isaac
Thanks Isaac, I probably should have worked a bit more on the colors, that was a bit of a last minute addition and I didn't have time to refine it and definitely should have
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hey Cole,

I think you are the new King of nav bars - by far the coolest nav bar with functionality I've seen yet.

Potential concepts: Looking at responsiveness for cell phones, lots of the html elements are conflicting with each other. I was able to get mine working with some basic @media queries. For example, on your 'Contact Us!' page, consider doing the following:

@media screen and (max-width: 650px) {
.email {
display: inline;
}
form {
margin-top: 200px;
display: inline;
}
}

-Well done, way to take the lead!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Cole!
I think your website turned out really well. I like how the nav menu changes color when you hover, that's a nice touch. I also like how you added multiple images for each product. Overall, I think your color palette and layout worked out well together. The only thing I would change would be to make the font sizes a little smaller for the body copy. Overall, good job!
-Bella Meyer

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

The colors at first messed with my eyes, but as I looked through the pages I understood the color choices. The page where you have all the different lightsabers on seems to go on a little too long. I really like your page layout.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Cole, I love the neon lazer colors on nav bars, makes me feel like a laser hit me. Wonderful Font choice. I like receiving a message after I submit my form, at that point I need to hit the back button twice to go back home. I love the huge buy images in the cart, and putting the buy button on top would be practical. It is a stunning watermark Logo! Great Responsive, and the background is so fitting. So glad you put a disclaimer in hah!. Excellent e commerce form, as well as excellent on putting a "Return to and here is that code you used in case others want to try that.

<section id="cart_exitmessage" class="fluid">
<h1>Thank you</h1><p><b>Your order has been successfully processed. <br>Order number</b> : 5771022 </p>
<p>Please contact us if you have any questions</p><p>Return to: <a href="https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project02/" target="_top">Super Saber Sales</a>

</section
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Cole. The site came out so well. I like the touch of the icon in the tab view. The colors turned out good as well.

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Nice Site! The concept is clean and straight forward, very nice!