P02 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
bmeyer

P02 Final

Post by bmeyer »

Hi! Here's the link to my project 02. I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out. :)

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project02/
Attachments
working_graphics.zip
(26.75 MiB) Downloaded 157 times
-Bella Meyer

Cole_Richarrds

Re: P02 Final

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi! This looks great! I think it came out really well, the pages flow nicely and the colors and type all work together. I might have worked on the responsiveness a bit more, maybe a different navigation layout and larger pictures in mobile sizes. Otherwise this looks great!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Bella!

Your site came out great! I love how professional it feels while still maintaining a fun energy. Your responsive design is great and looks clean. I would consider having the gallery on the first page take up the width of the page, similar to how it does in the mobile version. Good work regardless, love this one.

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Bella! This is looking SO SO great! I love the grid of photos, especially when you start to downsize the screen (responsive stuff) and I really like your typeface choices and how it acts as a consistant design element throughout. The only thing I might change is to add your cool photo banner on the home and shop page to the other pages, even if it's just a solid color? Might be worth a try. Good job!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Most excellent site Bella - I love the artistic photo collage on the front page. I like how you used the power of columns and flexbox. Very smart! Overall, your site maintains a feel of elegance and thematic unity. I'm tempted to buy!!

Potential concepts: You did really well to make everything responsive and appealing from different sized screens. One thing you could do to the flexbox, say for example on the 'Shop' page, is turn it off after the items begin to shrink to much.

@media screen and (max-width: 850px) {

.photo_gallery {
display: inline;
}
}

- This will put the images in a single column from top to bottom, idk.....
Well done!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

The home page is confusing to me. the site seems to be a one-page website. It was confusing not knowing where to click to go to the next page. Once I found where to click everything works fine. really enjoyed the layout for each page.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Bella, the visuals on your shoe site are stunning. The responsive part of it works great, just the body copy gets too small on cell view. Where do you want the user to see after they submit the form? We may be able to ge to that this semester.
If that is your own made up Business name Shop the Drop, it is amazing and you could copyright it. How do I get back to home page after I buy something (see my note on Cole's)? Excellent e commerce form otherwise.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Bella! I am loving the way that the design came out. Your images are sitting so nice. I would love to be able to do that. I really don't think you could make it any better than it already is.

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

This is such a good site! It looks so professional, I love the images you used too

Megosweet

Post by Megosweet »

I am immediately drawn to your site when I get on your homepage. With the black and white on that first image, then the bright red for your font. And the specific heels that are showing in the main image, draw the eye. Nicely done. I also like your style that is showing through all the images you have and the choice of heels.
Meg Thompson