Project 02 Prelim

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
isaacm03

Project 02 Prelim

Post by isaacm03 »

Imagine my surprise finding out our prelim was due days ago :cry:
For some reference, I wanted to create a website that focuses more on small type compared to my last project which was very expressive. I want to try building an inner box that you can scroll inside, and focus more on imagery compared to anything else, since we are selling a product. Currently, my logo and type feel too fun and modern, so I need to find a way to dial it all back!
weblayout1a.png
weblayout1a.png (302.51 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
weblayout1b.png
weblayout1b.png (246.78 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
mobilelayout1a.png
mobilelayout1b.png
weblayout2a.png
weblayout2a.png (233.71 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
weblayout2b.png
weblayout2b.png (226.07 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
mobilelayout2a.png
mobilelayout2b.png

YoAdrian!

Re: Project 02 Prelim

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Isaac,
Nice designs! I think I like your 2nd one better. The left panel navigation is really clean on the mobile version and already draws your eyes to make you want to click on more items. Something to try might be to make the product square have rounded corners like the buttons underweight? Too, maybe add one more color to your overall design as a accent, orange maybe? Just an idea. Love the simplicity of the layouts and typefaces...super friendly and makes you want to buy stuff.
-Johnna Chism ;)

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Isaac,
I am really liking the logo design for the second layout and the layout of the first one. I'm excited to see what images you pick out for your products.

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Isaac,
Great use of complementary colors and giving it that earthy vibe. I agree with Johnna that the second design is my favorite.

Potential concepts: 'About Us' and 'Why Us' could be congealed into 1 category, like 'Who We Are' or 'The Sunrise Way'. Also, I think it'd be great to get a 3rd color in there, tangential to your blue and yellow - maybe fluorescent orange....
Have fun with it!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Isaac,
I really like the style of your websites right now, I think the second layout is the best one. The colors you chose are really nice, and your logo is well put together, I don't know how you could dial back but I'm excited to see what you do. Maybe you could use some more of that yellow accent around your website if you'd like. Also maybe using a different font for the navigation bar instead of a basic serif font, or at least something slightly more different, because it does kind of work for your current style. Nice work!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Isaac, I am so used to being bombarded with cluttery images, that your minimalistic look takes a bit, but I like it. I like the 1st layout marketing showing more image possibilities. I keep wanting at least a 3rd color, and feel free to beat your own drum, we need less clutter in life. These colors and design remind me of the Comfort Inn? I like how you are thinking of making money, since that is the main reason hiring happens.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262