Project 2 prelim work CL

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
shgc13

Project 2 prelim work CL

Post by shgc13 »

Here is my 2 roughs. I plan to work more on fine tuning one of them, or I might incorporate both of them.
Attachments
product_layout_design_2.jpg
product_layout_design_1.jpg
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.

kylesmith

Re: Project 2 prelim work CL

Post by kylesmith »

Seems like these should both be used. The first one lists all the categories and the second page is like each products subpage where you can get more info about that product. I like the grid layout but it feels a bit unfinished. That background bothers my eyes too. You may want to think about changing it for something a bit less...idk. Just dont like it. Also I dont think you need a title and a sub title for the first one. Just not sure what you would write there that couldnt just be written in the main headline... just food for thought.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I agree that second layout seems like it is a subpage since you cannot see the rest of the products or navigation back to them on it. I think it would be cool if you could make that page pop up as a smaller window over the first product page. Everything seems rather large on the pages and I think some negative space would help the eye rest between browsing of products, right now everything is almost touching each other.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

I like where your designs are going. I like the flow of the first layout but i would stick to using "Names" to describe the product and then using your second design to then give them a description.
Tina Bodden

vtat

Post by vtat »

Hi Charlie, if you're going to put these on your project one catalog page, then I think you will run into some contrast problem with your "add to cart" button since the background and the button are both solid black. I like the unity you have created with the product all aligned in a grid style, but I think you can still play a little more with layout or adding more to the content as it does feel like it's missing something right now.
Vy Tat

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I think a combination of both of those designs will be good : )
Ashlie Nelson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Yay, another victory for class consensus. I concur with the zeitgeist. What I see here is a product listing and then when you click on them, the second design functions as an individual product page.

On your product listing page, I'd either remover the description or restrict it to a teaser sentence. You want them to click on that product listing to go to that individual product's page, so entice them in with a description sentence that leaves them wanting more. Save the full description for that product's page.

Your second design is a spot on individual product page. Carry on.

All in all it appears to be a good extension of your previous design and branding, however accidentally. ;)
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262