project 1 final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cj9497

project 1 final

Post by Cj9497 »

Here it is I'm a little late. I tried to keep things very simple for the first project. I was relearning a lot of things. Anyway, I hope you like it and if there is any way I could improve please comment on what I can improve.

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... dex_2.html

Cole_Richarrds

Re: project 1 final

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi! I really like what you have, the color is nice and it easy to understand, the navigation is nice as well. I think the color used is appropriate and well chosen and I also like the font choices. One thing I would change is the responsiveness, the navigation changes with screen size but the page size doesn't. I might also have brought the title over to the left more, it gets a bit cut off unless you scroll. Otherwise great work!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi! I really like the color scheme you used here. Its something I don't personally use which is always good to see others use well. I like your contact page, great job on the integration. I would just spice up backgrounds. Great work regardless!

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi there!
Nice work getting the site out! It's no joke...super tough stuff. I like your use of color in the nagivation bar to pull the site together as a whole. You might want to explore "float" boxes or "flex" boxes for the future. They could help get your text and image boxes to interact better with eachother...but I'm not gonna lie, they're hard for me to understand, but sometimes they work REALLY well and have immediate responsiveness that comes with them. Might be worth a couple trips down the YouTube rabbit hole! Good work!
-Johnna Chism ;)

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hello,
I like the design of the header. It really matches the calmness of his paintings.

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Nice job! I like the images you chose and how you sticked to that color palette. Great Job!

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

Hey, I love that you went with Van Gogh and I think that your colors tie in with the aesthetics and mood that is his work. Although I would add a color or a background image to unify all of your elements! This was not an easy project and I applaud you for getting it out.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Charlie
Your responsive flow on resizing works great.
Type too small for the average reader, especially older eyes.
Capitalize Home and Sunflower to look professional.
Your charset quotation mark is distorting things (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/247 ... instead-of)
Your design gives a lot of breathing space which I like. The rollovers worked great.
The site really improved in design from your first draft!
It is so obvious how much work and paths you took and achieved to come up with a great site.

Prelim Critique participation 12/12 (self and late student not included)
Final Critique participation: 7 out of 7 ontime turn ins (self and late students not included)

Upload your zipped working graphics to forum which should have your snag, style sheet, thumbnails, roughs.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262