Project02 Prelim

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
bdawg11

Project02 Prelim

Post by bdawg11 »

Here's my Project02. Welcome to Bricked Up. Bricked Up sells the best bricks, ever.

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project02 Prelim

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, I really like your concepts, I wonder if there's more ways to bring bricks into the design? And it would be cool to see a logo based on the concept as well. I really like your first concept, I like the use of the brick wall in the background. I might choose different fonts, I'm not entirely sold on the current ones. Overall well done, can't wait to see it done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Brady!
I like your first design the best. I think the bricks for the background of the homepage is very fitting. I think it would be cool if you incorporated the red into more of the design.
-Bella Meyer

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Brady,

You always have the best ideas. I like the overall concept, and am leaning towards the first layout with the black banner. I think the contrast works great! I do think the overall execution could use some clean up, such as more color or order buttons! Great work

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Brady,
hahaah, I love this concept. I like the logo with the brick, but maybe I would add some text to it? I think I would go with your 1st design with the brick wall layout, but what may be cool is to have the background be all gray then have your words/text and products be their cool normal colors? It might pop more and be a nice compromise from the all black background. I really like your thick/big navigation. Maybe try centering it to see if you like that design better. This will be really fun to see Brady!
-Johnna Chism ;)

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

Bradyyyyy, this is so you. I would add more of a logo and maybe some imagery like in the background?

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I really like the first set I like the brick design. I like the placement of everything on the page.

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Brady,
Clever idea with the non brick-and-mortar brick store!

Potential concepts: As a tax write off on gasoline, you could offer free delivery but add a markup fee into your sales price. Otherwise, shipping and handling could be a ton of money if you're using conventional shipping methods. Customers may choose Home Depot instead.
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Brady,
I really like your design with the brick wall as the background, really helps tie everything together! Although I would probably find a way to give your type more contrast against the dark background to help it be more legible. Overall, your concept is really fun. Keep up the good work!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Brady, I know you are playing fun, but this is actually something I want to do. You can get a brick maker and simply add dirt to make your own. Build a house for free! Little kids in Pakistan actually get paid pennies daily for making bricks. Put a brickmaker machine ad in? I do like the first concept better, so love your name. If you go with 1, be sure the company name is not competing with the nav bar.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262