Proj01

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
liv-lil_cactux

Proj01

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

very proud - did the things I was obsessing on: overlaying a transparent gif, embedding YouTube videos, containing items. :twisted:

my search button easter egg is not there ,sorryyy.

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html

* I would like to know how to make my site run faster though. The gif on homepage takes a second to load, as do the YouTube videos.

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Proj01

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi! Well done! I really like the look of your website, it all came together very well. The youtube embedding and gif are very well done, I think the load time could be also due to all of the sites held on the server. I might have used a different color than black, something dark but not as dark. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Liv!
I think your site came out really good. The overall design is cool and fits the vibe of your artist. I also like how you added a merch page. My only advice is to add a bit more to the contact page. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Liv!

I love the site! The embeds are really cool. In my opinion, a splash of color would be ideal here because some of those videos are so colorful. you did great regardless!

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hey Liv!
Good work! I love your landing page and I especially love how your responsiveness works...especially on the merch page! So cool. If I could improve anything, it might be to make the navigation buttons feel the same on every page? The landing page had a wide spread out feel and then as we dive in, it's more squished together. Either is totally fine, I would just stick with one layout over all for constancy! Love all your links!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

At first glance, my eyes got confused as the first page popped up. But as I clicked on the other pages it made sense. I like the simplicity of the overall design easy to follow if someone knows nothing about how to operate a site.

Charlie Johnson

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hi Liv,
I like that you linked your information on your about page to your source, nice touch. The website came out great. Something is going on with the image on the home page. I have a feeling it has to do with the filter you put on.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Liv,

Wow, you even have working tour links.
Thank you for the creativity to add in the videos.
On the about page, you could left flush the text.
Maybe make the logo a bit bigger.
The reflow for mobile works great.
I like the visual indication that the text is a link going elsewhere.

Prelim Critique participation 10/12 (self and late student not counted)
Final Critique participation: 7 out of 7 ontime turn ins (self and late students not included)

Upload your zipped working graphics to forum which should have your snag, style sheet, thumbnails, roughs
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262