Project 1 Final -- Paula Scher

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Christopher B

Project 1 Final -- Paula Scher

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Class,
Here is the link for my Project 1 website, dedicated to Paula Scher - an amazing designer.
Take a look and please let me what suggestions or comments you have.
Thank you,

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... r-bargman/
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 1 Final -- Paula Scher

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi Christopher! I really like your webiste! It conveys the artist well and was visually interesting. The use of the two images on the home page to create an optical illusion. The one thing I would change is the "Why Me?" page, I feel that the titles are a bit too large as well as the body copy, I might make those a bit smaller which would require a bit less scrolling. Otherwise well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Christopher,
I think your website turned out great. I like how you implemented page scrolling. I also think your overall design and gallery grids turned out really well. My only advice would be to add the nav bar to the top of the optical illusion page. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Chris!

Wow, this one is a favorite of mine. Lots of work went into this and you can certainly tell. I am such a big fan of the Why Me? page and the typography present. My only feedback is to consider dialing back some color in places where things tend to get crowded like the home page!

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Chris...or Christopher if you prefer your whole name :)
I'm really loving this sight, especially the crazy landing page and the logo home link in the upper left corner...such a great touch to the site. I also really like your "why me" page with it's semi-caotic arty layout...super fun to explore! The only think I can see improving is maybe double checking your links on all your HTML pages. Something funking is going on with the "Type" link when you are on the Maps page. But that's just super nit-picky stuff...thanks for you sharing your stuff!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

The picture pages of the website caught my eye visually. good job with the page layout. it is fun and interactive. I like it so much.

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Chris,
I really respect the amount of effort you put into this project. The home page makes me feel like I'm going into another dimension.

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hey Christopher! Your site looks awesome! I love all of the images you used and how they tie in perfectly to the homepage. The color changing is also very cool. Nice job!

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

Hi Chris, your website looks amazing. It's responsive, creative, and dynamic. The more I scroll there are more elements that are visually interesting and contribute to the design. I don't have much to add other than maybe some more color into the Why me page.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Christopher,
I like the creativity of Last Question
I still love the logo of her name.
Mobile reflows nicley, but you lose your links working in your hamburger Nav.
Nice Creativity on the Bio page.
Overall a very nice layout

Prelim Critique participation 6/12 (self and late student not included)
Final Critique participation: 0 out of 7 ontime turn ins (self and late students not included)

Upload your zipped working graphics to forum which should have your snag, sytle sheet, thumbnails, roughs.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262