Project02 Prelim

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

which one do you like better?

vers 1
67%
vers 2
33%

Total votes: 3

mckenzie

Project02 Prelim

Post by mckenzie »

Hey everyone. I chose Casio watches as my product, and my fake company is called Acio. Let me know what you think :)
Attachments
contact vers2
contact vers2
about vers2
about vers2
product page vers2
product page vers2
home vers2
home vers2
contact vers 1
contact vers 1
about page vers 1
about page vers 1
product page vers 1
product page vers 1
home vers 1
home vers 1

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project02 Prelim

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, I really like your concepts, I think your second is the better of the 2, I really like the logo and font choices, they all fit together really well. I would change the font for the bodycopy, or change it for a stronger weight, I feel it's a bit too light. I would also bring those colors from the logo into the design. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi McKenzie!
I think both options are super cool. The first design seems very classic and the second design feels more modern. I dont think you could go wrong either way but I personally would go with the first one. The tan background is very clean and I love your imagery, especially on the home page.
-Bella Meyer

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Mckenzie!

These are so sick oh my god! Both layouts are very dynamic and fun, but I think I have to go with your first set! I love the vintage look and this feels more in line with the styles of watches you are showcasing. My critique is to give space between the products on that page, just to make use of all the room on the sides. You did great, very jealous, 10/10. Damn.

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

McKensie,
Wow...just wow as always. I love seeing your concepts. Both retro designs (whether intended or not) are absolutely lovey. If you go with the first one, I'd add a splash of color to the logo...like maybe like crazy suble...the dot of the "i" being pink? or green? then incorporate that accent into the rest of the site? I really love the project window shapes of the 2nd design (the rounded left bottom corner shape). The home page of the 2nd design is really eye-catching and you can use the rainbow logo as splashes of color throughout. Either way you choose, it'll be great.
-Johnna Chism ;)

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Mckenzie,
I'm loving the colors and the design of version 1. I am so excited to see this all finished. I love the fonts you picked.

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like them both I would try combining the color of the second layout and the type of the second layout together. I like the colorful logo mixed with the type in the first layout

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi McKenzie,
Good job, I like it all. Let me know what it looks like after you build out your product line and your product pics.
Potential changes: Remove the single apostrophe from Casio's unless you're referring to a possessive noun and consider adding your tri-color logo to your Option with the grey background.
Well done!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

McKenzie, I like version 2 of your watch site. Less is more and that is why the splash of color is emphsized. I like the huge watch without other clutter.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262