P02 Prelim

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

Your Favorite?

First
80%
Second
20%

Total votes: 5

bmeyer

P02 Prelim

Post by bmeyer »

Hello, for my brand I decided on a shoe company called "head over heels". My color scheme is red/black/white/gray because I wanted to make the brand modern but classy. Moving forward I would like to also make a logo, not just a wordmark. My favorite of the two designs is the first one. I think it'll be more difficult to code, but I want to try. Any advice is appreciated :)

Option 1:
grc275_p02_roughs01-01.jpg
grc275_p02_roughs01-02.jpg
grc275_p02_roughs01-03.jpg
grc275_p02_roughs01-04.jpg
Option 2:
grc275_p02_roughs02-01.jpg
grc275_p02_roughs02-02.jpg
grc275_p02_roughs02-03.jpg
grc275_p02_roughs02-04.jpg
-Bella Meyer

Cole_Richarrds

Re: P02 Prelim

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi Bella, I really like your concepts, they are both well put together and convey the idea of your company, I think the first concept is the better of the two, it really conveys the message of a shoe company. I think I would use a different font for the subheads though, I think something that is closer to the look of a logo, like a serif with a bit of decoration. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Bella!

I love these layouts! The color schemes are great in both, but I am for sure leaning toward the first layout concept. The execution is excellent, and I love the image choice. I would consider using columns to break up some of that type so things don't get too visually boring.

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Bella,
Nice designs! I'm drawn more to your 1st concept with the gray background. I think you're right about the logo, it might really. help your design and give you ideas of themes you can carry throughout the site. I like your buttons for the projects, but I might change the color a bit and save the red/marron-ish brick color for the rollover feature. You always do great stuff, so I know this will be a fun site. Can't wait to see the final product.
-Johnna Chism ;)

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Bella,
I am really liking the design of the first layout much more. The colors are just matching so much better. I also think that will be a lot easier to code than layout 2.

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like layout two better the colors work better. the flow is also better in Layout 2.

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

Hey Bella, I love the concept of your website and its product. It's modern but it also reminds me of the 50s and its classy aesthetic with heels and colors. Personally, I'm leaning towards the second design because I prefer the white background on the red text and main picture with the red box. It works super well together and you use your space so well. My one comment is that I think the darker gray nav bar with the red clashes a little bit and makes the text less legible.

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Bella,
Looks sexy, Option 1 is by far the best design - I think you have a great start on it.

Potential concept: In our Smashing textbook it emphasizes the importance of those first 3 seconds when you go to a website. If the customer can't tell what you're selling or what your purpose is, they're likely to leave. The Smashing book recommends that all companies add a catchphrase to their logo or branding name (expect for huge companies that everyone knows, i.e. Starbucks, Nike, Apple...). This way the customer sees the logo/brand name and immediately knows what the purpose of the site is. Ex: 'Head over Heels - Luxury Shoes'.
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Bella,
I'm really liking your first layout, mainly because the way you chose to accent the greyscale with the dark red came out really nice. The layout in general really gives off that "classy" feel you were going for a bit better than the second one. I would probably change the font of the subtitles to be the same font as the one in your Nav bar, that way you can keep your body text as that san-serif font while keeping the titles a nice and noticeable serif font which works really well with your aesthetic. Nice job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Bella, spicy and amazing! I like concept one as it is more original. Two is great yet more formula looking. Great colors.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262