Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

Excited for Project 2?

Yes
33%
No
33%
:cry:
33%

Total votes: 3

Cole_Richarrds

Project 01 Final

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

It's done! The first website is complete, I took a lot of the ideas and critiques from preliminary and used them in the design, I really like the finished product, it has all working navigation, the Memento and Interstellar pages work, the rest do not. The contact buttons were made by me and work. I had a real issue with the navigation, switching from a navbar to a drop down was not something I could get around so I made 2 separate navigation's and just hid them in the screen sizes. If anyone has a different solution please let me know!

Here is the website! https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project01/
Attachments
working_graphics.zip
(148.05 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Cole!
I like how your website turned out. The image you used as the homepage is super cool and I like the icon use for the contact page. My only advice is to make the images on the gallery page a little bigger. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Cole!

You did great work, as per usual.I like your navigation and the gallery is great with the movie thumbnails. Some parts of your site are just missing a bit of color or something to spice it up. Great work regardless!

Isac

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

Hi Cole

I like your page layout the colors you have chosen work well with the layout. I really like the overall fill of your website. The only thing I would consider is the same color on all pages.

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Cole!
Nice job on your site! I like the dark somber feeling of the site, whether or not that was your intention, but it's cool. I especially like the link to your personal website which is a nice way to drive traffic back to you and your business. If I could change anything, I'd make the Home page photo a little lighter and maybe place the "dedication" text a little lower so that the focus is on the photo.
Funny how no one's voted on the excitment for project 2! :)
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like your website Everything works as intended, except for the buttons at the bottom of the page. Anyway, your site has a cinematic and photographic fill to it that I like. I am amazed by your layouts

Charlie Johnson

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Cole,
I like the way you designed this site. You did a great job coding. I like how it turned out.

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hi Cole! Nice job. The homepage certainly grabs my interest. Well done!

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

Cole this looks awesome. It's responsive and looks just like you portrayed in the prelim. I assume the darkness of the website resembles Christopher Nolan as a director, although, I am always an advocate for more color and contrast. Other than that nice work!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Cole
The responsive wrapping reflowing is excellent! And great Hamburger menu when mobile size!
The sources link does not go to sources.

Nice touch to add your Portfolio work on the www, perhaps change that to Webmaster Portfolio
I like that you have the 'Next Project' ready to link up.
You may have missed that the Gallery instructions was that page is then broken up into two MORE subpages; a total of 6 pages in all on site.

Excellent suggestions to classmates
Prelim Critique participation 12/12 (self and late student not included)
Final Critique participation: 7 out of 7 ontime turn ins (self and late students not included)
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262