PROJECT 1 PRELIM (⓿_⓿)

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kai

PROJECT 1 PRELIM (⓿_⓿)

Post by kai »

Hello squad Kai here,

I got some wicked prelims for you of my epic artist Chiura Obata. I should preface this by saying I styled my roughs after his 2 ways of art. https://americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/obata look at his works here to see the vision :D

DESIGN 1 (cool)
Design_1 chiura.png
design_1 interior.png
design_1 phobile.png
design_1 phonsider.png
DESIGN 2 (epic)
design_2 obata.png
deisgn_2 inside.png
design_2 phonbile.png
design_2 phonsider.png
Kai Backflipped here (⌐■_■)(⌐■_■)

Christopher B

Re: PROJECT 1 PRELIM (⓿_⓿)

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Kai,
This is really good - I like the vintage feel and the connection with Japanese art. Good contrast to make the artist's name stand out with larger font!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Cole_Richarrds

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi! I really like your designs! I agree with Christopher, both really showcase the art while also being interesting to look at. I think the strongest of the 2 is the second design. I love the look of the title with the navigation. I am not entirely sold on that color, maybe something a bit lighter or more pastel would work well. You could also use the color of the character next to the title when you hover over the navigation. These are amazing though! I can't wait to see them finished!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Kai,

Great concepts here! I think you should move forward with the first design. The colors are great, and your contrast is perfect. The second set would be a great pick too, if the background color was lightened up just a tiny bit. Great font choice on the first set, my only feedback is to push the nav bar line down or remove it entirely

Great work dude!

Isaac

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

Hey Kai! I love both of these designs, they're very simple and unified. I think that either one is a very good choice in that it won't be super challenging and they look sick. However, my one comment is that in the first design on the mobile About page, the body text conflicts with the background making it hard to read. Other than that, I vote for the first one. :)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Kai!
I like both of your designs and I don't think you could go wrong either way. The aesthetic of the first one is beautiful but the horse and vintage look of the second one is also really cool. The only thing I see that could help is adding hierarchy to the body copy on the About page. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Kai!
I really like both of your designs, but if I have to be brutal, I'd say go with the 1st one. The 2nd one is leaning towards looking like a restaurant menu....but maybe that's just me :) I really like the layout of your navigations and how it's so prominent in your design but doesn't take away from the artist. You have SOOOOOO many colors to work with (after looking at his work), so it'll be really fun to see how this design progresses. The only suggestion I have right now would be to have the cherry blossom branch in front of the photo as you did with the text box. Nice work Kai!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

Both of them looks great. They are well designed hard to choose one of them. I like the flow of the leaves of the first one. As well as the horse flow of the second one. Both designs move your eye through the whole page. Both would work as intended

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hey Kai,
Both of these designs are really appealing to look at and are really nice! I think the second design works the best, it's use of the artwork as the background is very nice and works well and it draws the eyes towards them especially with the nice beige background. Real epic indeed, although I'd probably be careful about the image on your web page to not cut the tail on the artwork off. Overall I think you did very well!

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Nice Job Kai! These layouts both look very buildable and well organized. I like your choice of images! They are both giving sophisticated art vibes (: Nice Job!