p01 Prelim:)

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

Which should I do?

Black
67%
White
33%

Total votes: 3

bmeyer

p01 Prelim:)

Post by bmeyer »

Hi,
For my artist, I chose Dilara Ozden because she has very unique and interesting illustrations. For both of my roughs, I wanted to keep it modern and clean, while also playing with the colors she uses in her illustrations.

The purple/pink colors became a lot more vibrant when I exported them as jpegs.
Webdesign 2 p01 rough1-02.jpg
Webdesign 2 p01 rough1-01.jpg
Webdesign 2 p01 rough1-03.jpg
Webdesign 2 p01 rough1-04.jpg
Webdesign 2 p01 rough2-01.jpg
Webdesign 2 p01 rough2-02.jpg
Webdesign 2 p01 rough2-03.jpg
Webdesign 2 p01 rough2-04.jpg
-Bella Meyer

Cole_Richarrds

Re: p01 Prelim:)

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi! I really like both of your designs, they showcase the art while also being interesting to look at. I think that the dark design is the way to go but I would use a different color for the body copy, you could also bring in that green that the other side of the glasses is. I might also move that "Alternate Cyborg" logo to the middle of the home page, with the 5-6 navigation items it might not fit as well, you could also create a similar logo type that is just the letters AC for the navigation bar. In any case, well done! can't wait to see the finished product!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi bmeyer,
Great work - good use of color on both versions. In terms of white or black: if you want the viewer to focus on the illustrations then I would choose black; if you want the page centered around the text and informational then i'd go with white.

I'm interested to hear more about your artist as well!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Bella,

Always a fan of how you use colors against darker backgrounds! I think you should go with the second set! Playing with bright colors (although yours became more vibrant upon export) can be such a challenge, but you have tackled it so well in the past that it shouldn't even be an issue. My feedback to you is to introduce white to increase legibility, and to consider stylizing the nav bar a bit more!

Great stuff, per usual.

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Bella,
Right of the bat, I really like you black background version the best, it helps neon colors stand out more. Looking at Dilara Ozden's work, you could definitely go both ways with the colors, either bright and neon or slightly muted and pastel-like. If I could add anything, it might be a line graphic or two, similar to your colored triangle, to help the main drawing feel more incorporated with the landing page. It looks good as it is, but if you're able to, some other stylized lines or slashes might help. Really good job.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Bella,
Both designs are real nice, but I'll go with the black, I feel like it makes the designs of your artist pop out a lot more. I like the colors you picked from them to use for your UI as well, really ties it together. Although I would probably use some of that white from your second design on the body copy for your first one to make it easier to read against the black, as well as maybe making the copy a bit bigger on mobile. I would also try adding some sort of divider for the UI at the top, and maybe centering the buttons on the top right with the paragraph of text on your "About" web page. Great work, can't wait to see how this comes out!

qcottel

Post by qcottel »

Hey Bella!

You gotta go with the black design, it looks killer with the photos you chose.
I really liked what you did here, can't wait to see the final product!

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I don't like either of the designs to me there are too many colors clashing. It hurts my eyes. By saying that I like your page layout works well, but the colors you have chosen mess with my eyes every time I look at it I get cross-eyed. I would try to dull out the colors using hue/saturation.

kai

Post by kai »

How goes it Bella!
Your first design is really awesome! The colors are really doing well to sell the cyberpunk/neo-futuristic look. I think to really accentuate that feel you should use more expressive typestyles and some that have more japanese style strokes.
I think this stuff is really awesome to look at and can't wait to see the final product!! *^____^**^____^*
Kai Backflipped here (⌐■_■)(⌐■_■)

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hey Bella! Great work! I love the art you chose to display, and the dark background really makes it pop! In arc 175 we learned that using dark dark grey in place of black can aid visibility. Just food for thought, I'm not sure what color you used for your background. None the less, great Job!(: