Project 01 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
isaacm03

Project 01 Prelim

Post by isaacm03 »

Hello Class!

For this project, I chose Saul Bass as my source of inspiration. I'm sure we all have some idea who he is, but I wanted to honor his work on my website, especially his posters. One layout version of my site is built like a Saul Bass poster and is easily my favorite.

Let me know what you think!

-Isaac

project-01-web1a.png
project-01-web1a.png (391.96 KiB) Viewed 8173 times
project-01-web1b.png
project-01-web1b.png (461.85 KiB) Viewed 8173 times
project-01-mobile1a.png
project-01-mobile1b.png
project-01-web2a.png
project-01-web2a.png (310.09 KiB) Viewed 8173 times
project-01-web2b.png
project-01-web2b.png (208.78 KiB) Viewed 8173 times
project-01-mobile2a.png
project-01-mobile2b.png

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 01 Prelim

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, I really like your designs, the first one really popped out for me, the color and typography work very well together, I think it is definitely the best of the two. I might add some dynamics to the navigation, maybe have the items be slightly skewed like the title is. The use of color on the different pages is really interesting to look at! Can't wait to see it completed!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

This is going to be awesome Issac!
I LOVE Saul Bass's color pallet, and you used it well in both designs. I'm slightly partial to the 1st design, but the 2nd one is lovely too. I could see the 2nd one implementing more colors in the subsequent pages, like the teal, green, pink or red. This is going to be fun to see. I especially like the typefaces of the 1st design. If you wanted to go with the 2nd design's layout, I would maybe use the colors and typefaces of the 1st design and work them into the 2nd design's layout....if that makes sense. I'm jealous honestly....such a great body of work to make a website off of.
-Johnna Chism ;)

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hey Issac!

Love the feel of the first one. Tbh I'm not sure who Saul Bass is but this reminds me of a Tarantino film vibe. Love the color yellow you chose as well. The font is perfect as well! Good choices (:

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

Hey Isaac! Of course, I'm always jealous of your designs, this definitely being one of them! The first is super eye-catching with a mellow yellow color and the VERY Saul Bass font. It's minimalistic, it immediately draws me in to read more. Personally, I'm terrified of color, but you inspired me to keep playing with it. It would be cool if there were more distorted shapes throughout, maybe even little graphics that tie in in the same rectangle of the specific art showcased in the gallery section.

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Issac!
I like both of your designs and I think they represent Bass really well. They are both very eye-catching and bold. I don't know which I like better. I like the first home page. The font and layout are super interesting. Then I like the second portfolio page. The big "portfolio" is really appealing especially against the orange background. I don't think you could go wrong either way. My only advice is to make the nav bar in the first design on the bottom, like the second design. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

YoAdrian! wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:43 pm This is going to be awesome Isaac!
I LOVE Saul Bass's color pallet, and you used it well in both designs. I'm slightly partial to the 1st design, but the 2nd one is lovely too. I could see the 2nd one implementing more colors in the subsequent pages, like the teal, green, pink or red. This is going to be fun to see. I especially like the typefaces of the 1st design. If you wanted to go with the 2nd design's layout, I would maybe use the colors and typefaces of the 1st design and work them into the 2nd design's layout....if that makes sense. I'm jealous honestly....such a great body of work to make a website off of.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like the orange layout better because it shows togetherness. It is not competing with the foreground. I feel like when you add the imagery and letters it will stick out better with the orange background. I really like your layout.

Charlie johnson

qcottel

Post by qcottel »

Hey Issac!

I really like both of these designs, but the first set looks incredible! the use of color and the font you use really bring it home!

Can't wait to see more man!

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hey Isaac!
I really like the style of your first design the most, it stands out to me more using the two different colors and the look of the artist's name. It works very well! This might just be me but on the web home page, it looks a little off centered which throws me off. Centering it would help, unless on your end it already is then my mistake. Nice work!