Project 1 ---- Prelim - CB

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Christopher B

Project 1 ---- Prelim - CB

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Class,
Here is my Project 1 prelim - I couldn't get stuff working....like the interior pages and @media rules. Here is the homepage.

Thanks and have a good weekend!
homepage.png
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 1 ---- Prelim - CB

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, I really like your concepts, I think the first one is super interesting with the navigation on the bottom. Although I'm not too sure if that would work throughout the rest of the website unless the navigation stayed at the bottom. Maybe you could have the navigation bar disappear until hovered over? Not sure how you would do that but it might add some visual interest to the design. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Thank you Cole, the plan is to make the nav bar 'sticky'. I'm a little behind on the project and am now playing catchup!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Christopher!

I'm super jealous of these home pages! Both are so interesting and fresh, it's hard for me to pick, but that's what I'm here for! Both are very pleasing to look at, but I think I am leaning towards the second home page. The background image is so cool, and there is a ton you can do for navigation when it comes to this. For example, maybe editing the map to include about and portfolio landmarks that can link to inner pages.

My only feedback to you is to consider changing the pink banner to black, or a different color, just to increase contrast and attract eyes to the title a bit more.

Great work!
Isaac

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hello!
I think both of these homepages and really good and represent the artist. The bottom one is more intriguing to me because of how colorful it is. It would be cool to pair that with a white or black basic nav bar. When you're doing the interior pages it would be also cool to include that magenta color. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Christopher,
I'm with Isaac on this one, these are looking great. Not sure if you know this, but you don't have to physically code/build out your websites for the Prelims. You can us Illustrator or whatever you're comfortable with to display your concepts. I really like where you're going though, and it's such a fantastic background on the landing page. I really like the bottom navigation. It would be cool if your rollover highlighted something a crazy color maybe? Just and idea. Can't wait to see the rest of your ideas.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Christopher B wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:22 pm Hi Class,
Here is my Project 1 prelim - I couldn't get stuff working....like the interior pages and @media rules. Here is the homepage.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

-> full aspect ratio homepage
homepage.png
-> tablet homepage
tablet.png
-> phone homepage
phone-website-complete.png
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like the optical illusion you have going on. Your concept is great, but for someone with glasses, the colors blend in together. I would try to use less colors, and/or try to pick two sets of complementary colors and go of of that.

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Christopher,
I really like how creative your designs are, they really stand out! I like the look of your first design more, the design and the UI look nice to navigate. Maybe adding a description on your menu somewhere could be useful, unless you feel it more appropriate for another page. Great work!

kai

Post by kai »

Hii Christopher!
Both of these designs are visually interesting! I think the first design has a cool navbar with it being on the bottom. I like how the name is laid out in the first design but the background seems like a bit too much and is sort of hurting my eyes going down the page. I would think your other pages would be more typographically lead since Paula Scher is more know for that.
Love the work you've put down! Can't wait to see the finale! <( ̄ c ̄)y▂ξ
Kai Backflipped here (⌐■_■)(⌐■_■)