project01 prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

1 or 2

20%
80%

Total votes: 5

bdawg11

project01 prelim

Post by bdawg11 »

What's up duders. Here's my concepts for project01

concept 1
home_page-01.jpg
about_them-01.jpg
artwork-01.jpg
phone-01.jpg
concept 2
home_page-02.jpg
about_them-02.jpg
artwork-02.jpg
phone-02.jpg

Cole_Richarrds

Re: project01 prelim

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, I really like both of your concepts, I think the first one is the better of the 2 it plays off of the black and white photography a bit more than the second concept. I really like your use of imagery throughout the concept. One thing I might add is a little pop of color, maybe in the navigation, have the navigation items be a color or become a color when hovered over. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Brady!

You picked a great person for the project. Ansel's landscape photos are insane. I prefer your second set for sure, the splash of yellow is awesome and is great at keeping my interest. My only feedback for you is to consider having these huge, expansive photos take up more room in the portfolio pages, and also consider using fonts from the era Ansel Adams was prevalent in. (Rockwell is a good starting point, for example!)

Good work
Isaac

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi!
I like both of the designs. I like the layout of the first one and I like the yellow of the second design. I think it would be cool if you combined them. The layout of Design 1 is very clean and simple. But adding yellow would create more interest and catch the eye. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

How's it going bdawg,
Good choice of grayscale on the first version - combine this with the yellow nav bar you used in your mobile version.
Well done!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hey Brady!
First off...where's your signature? No one knows your real name :) I really like the inner page of your 2nd concept the best. I'm not a super fan of the landing page and all the yellow, but I like how the yellow navigation stands out agains the black and white photos. Is there a way you can sort of combine your two layouts? Like take layout 1 and add some color to it? You can do so much with Ansel Adams! It'll be fun to see where you go with this. Good work Brady.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

To me the pictures clash with the design overall. The whole design desperately needs a pop of color everything right now looks boring in your designs layout is alright but the colors are boring to look at visually.

qcottel

Post by qcottel »

I love your inspiration man! I really like both designs because they give off a different feel, but I think your second design is where you should continue! I think it's because the yellow is really inviting.

Good work as always man!

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hey Brady,
I think both designs are really well thought out, but the second one feels like the best to me, the shade of yellow really helps the design feel nice and inviting. Although I would try finding a better font for your UI at the top, and maybe making a separation from the Header and the center of the page. Great work!

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hi Brady, These look so clean! I like the way you chose to layout the pictures, looks very buildable. I would experiment with different shades of that yellow just because on my screen it's a bit intense. But Great layouts and great choice of fonts and pictures! Nicely Done(: