PROJECT 01 PRELIM

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
qcottel

PROJECT 01 PRELIM

Post by qcottel »

HEY Y'ALL

Back at it with another prelim. Let me know what yall think about my designs!
Attachments
project01_about02_phone.png
project01_home02_phone.png
project01_about_phone.png
project01_home_phone.png
project01_about02.png
project01_about02.png (756.6 KiB) Viewed 16145 times
project01_home02.png
project01_home02.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 16145 times
project01_about.png
project01_about.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 16145 times
project01_home.png
project01_home.png (8.25 MiB) Viewed 16145 times

Cole_Richarrds

Re: PROJECT 01 PRELIM

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi! I really like the direction you're going, and I also love Adam Sandler as an actor. I think your second design is the better of the two, I like the use of color and the interesting graphic brought in, I think I would talk about what he is known for which is his comedic roles, but also his more dramatic roles like his role in Uncut Gems. One thing I would change is the font in the home page version, I think if you had that the same as the mobile site it would look a bit better. Well done! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Quinn!

Love these concepts dude, you picked a great inspiration. I think I prefer your first set, as it feels a bit cleaner than the other set. My feedback to you is to play a bit more with spacing of type, and switch up the weight of the type to create a more visually appealing design!

Great work 8-)
Isaac

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi!
I think these are all really fun and represent Adam Sandler. My favorite is home page two because I like how the modern type contrasts the collage of Adam. My suggestion would be to make the body copy size smaller for all the about pages. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Quinn!
Believe it or not, but I love your 2nd landing page concept better. It's goofier than the first one with the large "groovy". I would do what every looks funnier to you. If you decide to go with the 1st one, maybe make the text design a little more legible somehow? My only suggestion would be to make the body copy smaller and try to place it somewhere other than dead center if at all possible. Good work, this will be a fun one for sure.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like the layout you have. The only thing I would think about messing with a litte more is the type it looks a little huge in some spots

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hey Quinn!
Really enjoying the designs you got here, they're really nice! Out of both of them I think the second one works the best, it feels more like Adam Sandler y'know? The font you used for his name works really well! You could probably move the body type down on your about page on the mobile version so its not on top of the image. As well as maybe spreading the buttons at the top out a bit across the whole header. Good job!

kai

Post by kai »

Hey Quinn!
I am leaning towards the second design mostly because of the expressive type. The first design just looks too much like a online newsletter in my opinion.
I really enjoy these designs and the person you chose too! Keep it up! (❁´◡`❁)
Kai Backflipped here (⌐■_■)(⌐■_■)

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Well done! The second designs layout is very easy to read. I like the way you used black and white to contract information. I would play around with the sizes of images you use (make sure they are responsive both in large and small format) But overall great job!

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

I am really liking the color Quinn. Your inspiration is amazing. I think your type could be just a bit more interesting.