Project 1 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

Which design should I do?

83%
17%

Total votes: 6

mckenzie

Project 1 Prelim

Post by mckenzie »

For my Project 1, I chose my inspiration for the past year now, and that is William Eggleston. An amazing photographer who spurred color photography recognition, incredibly changing the industry. An interesting man with some interesting art that I wanted to showcase.
design 1 home page
design 1 home page
design 1 about page
design 1 about page
design 1 contact page
design 1 contact page
design 1 gallery page
design 1 gallery page
design 1 home mobile page
design 1 home mobile page
design 2 home page
design 2 home page
design 2 about page
design 2 about page
design 2 contact page
design 2 contact page
design 2 gallery page
design 2 gallery page
design 2 home mobile page
design 2 home mobile page
Last edited by mckenzie on Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 1 Prelim

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, your concepts are really eye catching, especially the second design. I think that is the one to go for, but I might take the color you already have in the top next to the navigation and use it throughout, maybe each page could be a different color that matches the ones above, I think that would bring the idea of the pioneer of color into your design more. I love the design choice of the circular picture frames. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Mckenzie,
Great designs across the board - my favorite is the cream color with the rainbow at the top. Just tone down the size of the contact link thumbnails and I think you've got a winner!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Mckenzie!

These are sick dude, very jealous. I love both of them, but I gotta go with number two. The cream color with the splashes of vibrant colors is great, and you should continue experimenting with that. It also just makes sense to go with a more colorful design when looking at who the inspiration. Great font choices as well! My only feedback would be to line up the headers with the menu and to brighten up some of the shadows on the images. Maybe changing the color of the image border to something other than black will also help pull everything together. Great stuff!
Isaac

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hey McKenzie,

This is great work! Loving the second one!

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I really enjoy the design of the first set it really flows. I like the unique feeling I get from that design it feels like nothing is overpowering another. Enjoying the shapes you created in the background. The hierarchy you created feels great, it feels like there's a background mid ground and foreground.

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi McKenzie!
I really like both of your designs but my favorite is the first one. I really like the contrast between the gray background and the pop of the rainbow colors. I'm also a fan of the big image as the home page, it looks very clean. The only advice I have for that one would be to add a bit more color. It would be cool if you did rainbow subheads on the About page or Contact page.
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

McKenzie!
I'm SUPER jealous of these designs right now. The images you have to work with really make your background design stand out, so cool. If you're going to go with the 2nd design, I'd maybe choose a different background color, like gray, or a muted gray-green or gray-blue or gray-purple so that the rainbow graphics stand out. I'm digging the circle theme, kinda like looking through the lens. Very nice!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi McKenzie!
I really like both of your designs, they're so creative and work really well with your theme! I'd have to do with the second one. The colors you used there stand out better, although I do enjoy the ambience of the firsf design. The style of the second one really works best. Maybe adding more color to the back of the images or the UI could make it pop out even more! Great work!

kai

Post by kai »

Salam McKenzie!
These designs are really awesome! I'm personally leaning towards the second design because of the colors that it has. I think you should lean more into the use of color since this photographer is about color. I do really enjoy the subhead on the first design as that shows his color "gimmick" and is just a good descriptor that hooks me in on the artistry.
Other than that this work is amazing!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Kai Backflipped here (⌐■_■)(⌐■_■)