Project1 Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

1 or 2

Simple
20%
I'm gonna cry at the coding
80%

Total votes: 5

nancyrey25

Project1 Prelim

Post by nancyrey25 »

Hi guys :D I'm doing my website from my favorite artist DPR IAN. He directs, edits, and does his own music and I've been following him before he made his first album. The first design is a bit simpler, with a vertical scroll on both mobile and web. The second one is a bit more adventurous but I found some code on making a custom music player and a horizontal scroll on the web. The horizontal scroll would be vertical of course on the mobile version. The homepage will be animated for the background and scroll into his main video on why he creates and asks what inspires you. I kind of just took his grungy aesthetic with some neon colors and slapped it into the website.

attachment=5]Web 1920 – 1.png[/attachment]
Web 1920 – 2.png
Artboard – 2.png
Artboard – 1.png
Web 1920 – 4.png
Web 1920 – 5.png
Artboard – 3.png
Artboard – 4.png
Attachments
Web 1920 – 1.png

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project1 Prelim

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi, I really like your concepts for the website, also that is a lot to add but if you pull it off it'll be super impressive! I think the horizontal scroll is super interesting, but I might not do it for the desktop, it would be a bit of a difficult control scheme but for mobile I think it would work a bit better. I really like the look of the first concept but the ideas behind the second are a bit more interesting! Great work and good luck!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Nancy!

Love the site concepts you came up. I am leaning towards the first set because your contrast works better than the other set. I like how you want to embed the videos into the site, who knows how to do that though?! My only feedback is to push the nav menu to the right, so the margins line up with the left-hand side. Great work regardless!

Isaac

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi!
I think both designs are great. My favorite is the first one because the blue catches the eye and balances out the gray. I also think it's cool you used a still of the video as the background. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Nancy,
I really love your 2nd concept the best, with the horizontal scroll across the scratchy-textured background. That's such a great idea to mix it up a bit. I really like the placement of your text as well, it makes the pages feel really dynamic and makes you want to click on them and interact with them. My only suggestion would be to make the main navigation a little bigger or bolder, so it is set apart from the inner-page's navigation. Really nice job.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

These designs blew my mind both are great concepts. You made it really hard to choose one. I like how easy it is to read and the images helps your eye flow throughout the page. Either one would make a good website. Great job.

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Nancy,
Both of these designs are astounding to look at, although I really like the vibe of the first one the most. Using the images and then a copy of each one underneath as a darker background for the text works really well! The only thing I'd change is the spacing and placement of the UI at the top bar. Maybe moving them around a bit to be more in place to the right or wherever you'd like. Nice work!

kai

Post by kai »

Howdy Doo Nancy,
I really do like the dynamics of the first designs background in relation with the content on the page. I do also like your nav buttons on the second design. I also feel that the text overlapping the images on the second design takes away from showing DPR+IAN's art. I really am enjoying what i'm seeing! Great work!
Kai Backflipped here (⌐■_■)(⌐■_■)

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hi Nancy! These look so good, very trendy (: Great Job!

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hi Nancy,
I like the simple and clean design of the first one.