Project 2 preliminary rough

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
nelso220

Project 2 preliminary rough

Post by nelso220 »

Had to hustle on this one, but the idea for this critique I think is pretty straightforward.

From final critique I know I have to make my website more interesting. For the icons on the website I'd like to have icons of mannequin heads with mustaches for people to click on and purchase : )

The sections are split into four categories.
Attachments
10-16-2012 4;58;252 PM.jpg
10-16-2012 5;01;29 PM.JPG
Ashlie Nelson

kylesmith

Re: Project 2 preliminary rough

Post by kylesmith »

Seems to me like the first design should be like a landing page that shows with an example of each type of stache. Then when a user clicks one it would link to that specific section with the second design used. Not sure if that is what you were going for but looks good so far. Will depend a lot on how you design everything and integrate it all.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I agree with the landing page idea. I also like you mannequin idea, I think that will go along with your sites overall design well. And I like the little mustache icon under the word to show which page your on, great detail.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

I also agree with Kyle and Kristine. If you use your first design as a home page for your products and then the second design when they pick a Stache.
Tina Bodden

vtat

Post by vtat »

I like how you have a page that specify categories and then a page of the products within the categories, and the layout/design is working pretty well to me. I also like your add to cart icon idea!
Vy Tat

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I'm liking Kyles ideas to just make the images in the first layout to go to the stache pages actually. Thank you for the input guys! : )
Ashlie Nelson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Yep, Kyle has the right of it. That first design would make an excellent home page and the second a very nice product page. Go for it.

Remember, textures and details will go a long way to making your website more exciting. Look at lots of old (1880s through 1910s) newspapers and advertising, as well as some steampunk stuff for inspiration. It's all about the little things.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I have to agree as well with everyone. I nice homepage and product page. I like the idea for the products. I think scrolling through each mustache on a person would be a cool way for doing it. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.