Project 03 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
cpeter2

Project 03 Preliminary

Post by cpeter2 »

For my event, I chose to do the Up Helly Aa Fire Festival When creating these concepts I wanted to
have both that Viking feels and the cold feeling of Scotland in the concepts.

Version 1
Web
Project03_Web_A1.jpg
Project03_Web_A2.jpg
Mobile
Porject03_Mobile_A1.jpg
Porject03_Mobile_A2.jpg
Version 2
Web
Project03_Web_B1.jpg
Project03_Web_B2.jpg
Mobile
Porject03_Mobile_b1.jpg
Porject03_Mobile_b2.jpg
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

hamistani

Re: Project 03 Preliminary

Post by hamistani »

Hello Carl,
I really like your first design! I love the logo you created, and the fonts you chose. I also like the image because it makes me want to know more about the event. The words are hard to see on the image, so I would add a slight outer glow to the words. On the inner pages, I would change the background to white, so it goes with the headline color. Great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

I like both of your designs almost the same but I am leaning towards the homepage with the black background because the navigation is easier for me to read. It is all layed out evenly. I also like your logo. THe way you designed the font in the about page is also super cool. The white font color pops against the black background and the colors of the photos do as well. I think I would try and keep the black background in the navigation for the about page rather than leaving the photo showing. Nice job overall.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Okay, this is looking seriously cool. I like your first design better. I think it's the panoramic photos and the semi-transparency

Two things jump immediately out at me. First, your photographs. They illustrate your event perfectly. Such a great sense of fun and wide open spaces. And fire. Musn't forget the fire. I love the panorama at the top of your pages, too. Second, your headline type. What a great choice! It's so very expressive and so very perfect for this website. And I can still read it somehow! I'm really diggin' the semi-transparent top navigation, too. It's a great look and I can easily see your logo against it. You use contrast so well on this thing, both in the black background and in the vividness of your photos. Good use of margin throughout.

The big issue I see is that we're losing your bodycopy and nav type against the photo and black background. I'd make it a little thicker so we can see it. Also, a little space between your paragraphs wouldn't hurt.

Awesome work! Skål!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

very good choice of font, it's definitely one of the biking runic-inspired fonts. i particularly like the treatment of the headers where the image is built into to shape of the word. each layout has a good balance between the image and content, and then the hierarchy of the body copy is very good as well. The color choices are also very good for the topic.