Project 2 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
hamistani

Project 2 Final

Post by hamistani »

I know this is late, but I am extremely proud of how this came out! The first two pages of the catalog are fully functional. This works really well on Firefox!
https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Krueckl

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by Krueckl »

Youre website is beautiful. It is so creative and very fun to read and look at! The gum boxes are so bright and colorful. Your navigation is very easy to navigate and your home page is very visually appealing. The font choice is easy to read and the color works well with the rest of your color pallette. I also really love your logo. It is original and stands out against the grey background. The only thing I can say is that when I tried to send a message an error came up on my screen. I also was not able to get mine to work well so I'm not sure how to fix it yet. Overall you did a fantastic job.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Heee! This one is such a fun idea. I keep picturing a little cloud of people lazily floating along on their gum bubbles. I also just bought a grand worth of bubble gum. This stuff has better be worth it.

What a neat aesthetic you've got going here. I have a low-fi station on as I'm writing these critiques and it seems entirely appropriate here. I like the drifting city in the background and the cartoon girl floating along above it enjoying the view without a care in the world. It immediately informs you about what the brand's philosophy is and get's you curious about their product. The colors work well. The website is mostly subdued with bright red highlights so when we come to the colorful product illustrations, they really stand out and make you want to click on them. And your catalog pages work! Excellent. You clearly had fun writing the bodycopy as well. Good type choices by and large, I especially like your script and headline choices. I like that you went with the hamburger menu at all resolutions. The burger is easy to spot and once you trigger the navigation, it's unmissable. Your form looks pretty slick, nice use of transparency. Too bad it doesn't send. Your whole website is pretty darn responsive.

I think it would have helped navigation a little if the bubble girl and the "Aerial Bubble Gum" text were a button that would lead you into the site. I also think your bodycopy might have looked better as a sans-serif type.

Nice work! "Blow Your Own Bubble!" Indeed I shall. Indeed I shall. Just don't give me the one that gives me "more vomiting", okay.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

gclouser701

Post by gclouser701 »

Wow I love how you took the time to customize each pack of bubble gum. Its a really nice touch to a really creative Idea. I like the use of color as well. I wish you would have more info on the home page. About the company and about the products;.

andramada

Post by andramada »

very cute design. i especially love your contact page. i love how all of the elements are playful and fit together as a cohesive whole. very good branding. the only issue is the logo does not connect to the home page as is typical in industry standards.