project 02

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
gclouser701

project 02

Post by gclouser701 »

This is my sunshine records website. Only thing is I couldn't get the NAV to float right and inline with the logo
\

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project02/

andramada

Re: project 02

Post by andramada »

Your home page has some contrast issue between the title and the header image. This can be resolved with either a small white outline of a black transparent box in order to help the readability. All the other links seem to be working as well as the shopping cart, navigation and contact form. I would recommend making sure all pages have the logo link back to the home page for this seems to be the industry standard.

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

I love your website. I love the yellow font color choice as well as the style of font. It really plays into the record theme. Your navigation is small but I think it works well with your website as it is very simple and easy to spot at the top of the page against the white background. The font choice for the navigation is simple and matches the style well. Adding items to the shopping cart is easy and your shopping cart is also really fun and bright. The records are all organized well on the page. I had no problem finding all the required sections in your website. It looks like your contact box works well too. The only thing I would suggest playing around with is making the font for the about and company history sections a little bigger to help with readability. Great job.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Alright, so I just bought some pretty eclectic albums from your store. I mean, DMX and Nirvana pair together like peanut butter and jelly, right?

What a nifty look and feel you've got going here. It's such a clean layout and yet it doesn't feel cold. I chalk that up to the images, with one MVP caliber assist from your type. Your headline type in particular is just *chef's kiss*. Sterling image selection as well. Your colors feel very 70's and pair nicely with your imagery, especially your mustard yellow. The white background acts as a great contrast and backer for your images. Good use of margin too. It gives everything room to breathe. Your navigation is easy to see and use. And you've got a nice looking contact form. That sends email! Well done. And the website responds nicely! The hits just keep on coming!

It's a pity that your product images on your home page don't link to product pages or catalog pages. Your ordering pages have white text on a white background.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello Gavin,
This looks so good! I love the logo, the images, and how easy it is to navigate! I really like the mustard yellow you used, and I like the layout of your shop. The fonts you chose fit the aesthetic of your website perfectly. I really like how you styled the cart! On the home page the yellow font clashes with your image, so I would add an outer glow, darken the image, or change the font color. Overall, great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)