Project 2 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
joshua.miles

Project 2 Preliminary

Post by joshua.miles »

I attached two hand drawn concepts for the store. Through my research I learned that a lot of web designers today design freehand wireframes and then go straight to coding. So I thought it would be a fun approach (smarter too).

Concept 1
Is more of a square based layout as far as the massing elements. Overall this is a very balanced design with the main information (i.e. the product images) on the left side and the description to the right.

Concept 2
This concept is a little more similar to the construction of the current site (which is currently going through a few retrofits). The massing elements are more rectilinear for the most part and less square.

Thanks for the feedback.

Joshua
Attachments
jm_concept_1.jpeg
jm_concept_2.jpeg

kylesmith

Re: Project 2 Preliminary

Post by kylesmith »

I think the first design fits together a bit better than the second design. It seems a bit more natural and easy to progress through. That is the one I would pursue. If you want to use the second one I would rethink the product page layout a bit more especially the price and cart button have a lot of space around them that will look odd in the actual website I think.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I agree the first concept seems to be easier to navigate and all the areas fit together better. Can't wait to see it.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

The first design is more appealing to me because it is organized and flows well. Can't wait to see everything together.
Tina Bodden

vtat

Post by vtat »

I like your shop layout from concept 2 and product layout from concept 1, but I think both concepts are pretty strong, and I can see both of your concepts working really well with what you've got so far from project one. :)
Vy Tat

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

the way you already have things flowing down on your website, I think the first design appeals to me more : )

Good luck!
Ashlie Nelson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm, you've got two different approaches here. I like the locked in, easy to use, feel of the first one, both the store and product pages. It's easy to navigate and see which product is which.

The second has a bit of a scattered Windows 8 Metro kind of feel and I kind of want to rip the little squares out and rearrange 'em.

I'm interested to see how you'll take these squared off wireframes and make 'em work with your Wackyland bug zapper design. I look forward to finding out.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I would have to agree with almost everyone else. I like your first concept and I think it will work well with your website. I like the layout a little more on it than the second one. I think the placement of everything works well and is a little bit easy to shop with. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.