Project 02 Final

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
cpeter2

Project 02 Final

Post by cpeter2 »

This is the website that I made for project 2. https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... /project2/

On this assignment, I did have a small issue with getting the store page
to work. However, after a few tutorials, I was able to get it working how I
wanted it to. And as always the icon in the top left will get you home.

> Oh yah also this website https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp Helped me Immensely
on this assignment and its a nice tool to use. Check it out.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

andramada

Re: Project 02 Final

Post by andramada »

Over all your bestie lives up to the preliminary idea you had. It’s very peaceful to look at. Unfortunately it is not very responsive, the biggest problem it has is the body copy over laps the product image and becomes unreadable due to a lack of contrast. This is fixable by putting the body copy in a separate div box with in the div that both are in. Aside form that everything else works properly, all the navigation links are working in all the pages and everything else seems to function.

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

I like the green colors used in your website. The font color works well against the green background and really stands out. The navigation is very easy to follow and the plants on the shop page are well organized. You have a separate page for each plant and the information you provide about each plant is very informative. The only thing I noticed is that I cannot actually send a message on the contact page. I really like your shopping cart and the colors match. Nice job.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

What a nice, clean design. You've made a very interesting aesthetic here. It's modern and simple without being cold. I think it's the green color and the use of serif type. That typeface was a strong choice considering what you're selling and the aesthetic you were going for. Your logo is great too. Very textured. It stands out against the clean design of your website. Nice use of background gradients on your pages to add visual interest. It's a small detail, but I really like the <hr> separating your footer from the rest of your page layout. Really helps separate the site into designated areas. Your product pages, both at the catalog level and the individual level do a great job of funneling me through to the "Buy Now" button. And your cart works fully! Nice! Also, your form looks really nice even if it doesn't send. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

I think it could have used at least one image on the home page. It breaks down a bit in your responsive design as you get down to mobile size. I also see some clipping between the description text and the product image on the product pages.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello Carl,
This looks so nice! I love the logo, and I really like the color you chose for your website. I think green and blue make a nice combination for your website. I love how your shop works and looks. Great job! I would change the alignment for your text and add a bit more line space.
- Heather Amistani 8-)

gclouser701

Post by gclouser701 »

Hey Karl,

I like the concept behind the website and I like your shop page. I wish the green gradient wasn't on every page because I feel like it takes away the organic look and gives it more of a childish feel. There were also some resizing issues that made everything overlap and bunch up but I think if you used more Div block in your HTML would help keep things separated and resizing would be much easier.