Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
hamistani

Project 1 Final

Post by hamistani »

It's been a stressful week! I'm happy with how my project turned out! It's best viewed on firefox. I really struggled with media queries and uploading this one, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I hope you enjoy it!
https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Krueckl

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by Krueckl »

Your project turned out beautifully. It looks just like your rough draft. Your navigation is crystal clear and tabs are all spaced out perfectly. I like the news section and the blue backgrounds. It really makes it pop. The hover effect on the titles makes me think it should be taking me to another page so, I am not sure if that is what it is meant to do? I like the photo you used of the artist as well. It is large and easy to see. I also like all the different colors you used for the hover effects on the navigation. They match the colors used on the website and give it a fun and artsy feel. I think you did a great job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I think my favorite part of this one is how well it nonverbally communicates Quentin Blake's aesthetic. The layout is simple to and easy to understand though not visually striking, but then it isn't meant to be. It's meant to easily convey information and let the user meander around the website. No, the visual interest is provided by dozens of little cartoons popping up all over the page. Clearly you've read a Quentin Blake book or two, because that's exactly how they are. Well done! Because the layout is so clean and simple the website is easy to read and use. Your navigation is well placed and I have no trouble moving page to page. I like the simple warm serif typography paired with the handwriting font in the title. This whole website radiates whimsy like gamma rays.

The website is not the most responsive thing in the world at smaller resolutions. I'm not sure we need the colored blocks on the news page. That's a little dramatic compared to the artists sketch/watercolor paper that is the rest of the website.

Good job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

the page is very quirky and cute and I enjoy looking at it overall.

the page has some decent responsiveness however it does have some issues. on the news page, the blue box should be made into a flexbox so that it adjusts around the body copy because as is the body copy completely disappears behind the other boxes when in the mobile format. in addition, the body copy should fall below the image so that the body copy does not become only 1-2 word long lines. short lines are very difficult to read. this issue occurs on other pages as well.

additionally, perhaps some of the elements from the artworks can be used as decorative background elements to add some visual interests, aiding the already whimsical nature of the artist into the website. this would also aid in fixing the pages that have too much white space when the body copy gets too long such as the about page.
I also recommend a copyright notice in the footer.