Project 2 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Krueckl

Project 2 Preliminary

Post by Krueckl »

Here are designs for project two preliminary. I tried to create something that highlighted the plants. I tend to gravitate towards more minimalistic designs. I designed a logo specifically for this website. I also intended not to use bright colors to highlight the greenery of the plants.
Attachments
web 2- Shop.jpg
web1.jpg
web1-shop.jpg
mobile 1.jpg
mobile 1-shop.jpg
web 2.jpg
mobile 2.jpg
mobile 2-shop.jpg

hamistani

Re: Project 2 Preliminary

Post by hamistani »

Hello,
This looks really good! I like the black design more because I think the black pops with the green. I also like how you added a shopping cart. I would shift everything up unless you decide to put some wording in the blank white box, but overall, great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)

cpeter2

Post by cpeter2 »

I really think that the second black design that you did looks a lot better than the great design. It doesn't feel as muddled as the one with the grey. All the items on the page are able to pop out in their own way. Overall good design.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your second design better, Kathy. That dominant plant image is super strong.

Minimalist designs are cool if you fill them with the right imagery. And from what I can tell, you clearly have. As I mentioned before, that large image is great, but your individual product images are equally interesting. I like how you've decided to basically not use color in your layout so the images and your logo provide the color. A strong choice that draws the eye to them. The whole design uses color and contrast to smoothly move the eye through it. Good placement of objects too. Your typography seems to be working as well. I slightly prefer the font from your first design, but this one's working too. Your navigation is easy to see and use. The entire website is very presentational. It's handing me things to look at. And I like that.

I think you can take the gray box out from behind your headline and bodycopy. I think that type in black, maybe enlarged a bit, will stand on it's own just fine next to your big plant image. I'd make your gray nav bar up at the top black. Your logo is disappearing into the gray, but works fine against a black, as your first design proves. Might as well make your footer black too to frame the content. No gray boxes around your product listings either. I'm not sure your bodycopy needs to be in all caps.

Good work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

I think the second layout is working the best for many reasons. It’s got great balance between the white space, photographic elements and gray boxes containing the titles and body copy. The colors are very soothing and softer than the harsh black of the other design. Additionally, I really like how the gray frames each of the elements on the product page. I would make sure in mobile form that the menu is responsive and shrinks into a hamburger menu so that the buttons remain large enough to push.