Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Krueckl

Project One Final

Post by Krueckl »

Here is my final project one. I am excited to get working on the next project and hopefully make something more advanced.

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... ne-rueckl/

hamistani

Re: Project One Final

Post by hamistani »

Hello,
This looks awesome! I like the colors and fonts you chose. Your gallery looks awesome! I love how you have different pages and different galleries. I would have added a bit more margin between the images, but overall, great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

What a great choice of subject, Kathy. Gustav Klimt is a very interesting artist. And you've executed this website pretty darn well too. I like the way you've set you page layouts up too. You have one piece of art on each page that balances each block of text. I like your use of color as well. You really use it to move the eye around the webpage/site. Every colorful piece means something and you managed to match the colors to the larger art you show on your pages. Your typographic choices were quite excellent as well. Your fonts go well with Klimt's work. You navigation is nicely placed and easy to use. One technical bit that really caught my attention was the fact that you have selectable views for your galleries (even if you are missing a number three :D ). A fascinating solution to making them responsive.

Aside from your novel solution on your gallery, the rest of the website is not terribly responsive, at least at smaller phone size resolutions. I would have liked to have seen different pieces on your Art History and Contact pages as you had done with a couple other inner pages.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

your website is very interesting to look at and has a very good hierarchy and visual interest. i love the contrast created between the brightly colored artworks and the black backgrounds.
there are a few coding issues specifically in the responsiveness of the layout between website to mobile adjustment. the body copy in the about pages has an issue of becoming unreadable due to shrinking to one word per line. I would recommend either putting a tinted box in the background so the body copy can overlap the background image or having the image flex to above the body copy so that the text is easier to read. additionally, there are some contrast issues between the white body copy when it overlaps with the background images and I would recommend a black tinted background box so that it remains readable when it overlaps.
over all well done.