project02 preliminary

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
gclouser701

project02 preliminary

Post by gclouser701 »

I'm having a hard time coming up with a different layout for the second design because I think it's one of the best ways to layout products on a website but maybe you guys will have some suggestions. Thanks
Attachments
website_roughs02-04.png
website_roughs02-03.png
website_roughs02-02.png
website_roughs02-01.png
website_roughs-04.png
website_roughs-03.png
website_roughs-02.png
website_roughs-01.png

Krueckl

Re: project02 preliminary

Post by Krueckl »

I think that all of the ideas you posted work well. The navigation looks organized and the images and layout looks very clean. I also like the font choices. The header and navigation is bold, easy to read, and is has a fun style. The font for the product descriptions and prices is simple and matches well with the more bubbly font on the top. I think it could be interesting to add a bright hover color to the navigation to really make it pop.

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello Gavin,
I like the fonts and the layout you went with! This looks very easy to navigate and easy to buy the products. Both designs look great, so I think you could go with either of them, but I would keep the background of the bring music to life page of the man with the guitar. I'm looking forward to seeing this live!
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

What a bright, sunny little website you have here, Heather. I like "roughs02" a little better. I think it's the added complexity and the extra images. I like how each section has it's own background image behind the headlines. The images are well selected, too. By and large they are crisp, clear, and colorful. Most of the color on the design comes from them, in fact. They really do a good job conveying what this place is all about and what it want to help you do/achieve/listen to. The bright typography makes me feel happy, which is the goal, I think. Everything is clean and well laid out. Good use of margins too. Nothing feels too tight. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

I don't see any problem with laying products out in a grid and then having them collapse to a column when it shrinks down to mobile. That's pretty standard and works well. If you want to go in a different direction you could have each product be a rectangle with a product image on the right and a little description and buy it now button on the left. You could then vertically stack those rectangles. But the way you are doing it is fine as well.

I think it could use a little more contrast. Maybe make to top bar black with white type to act as a framing device. Also, when you're putting non-headline text over an image make sure it can be easily read.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

I enjoy the layout for the page with the retro vinyl and the title portable speakers. It is very easy to read the title and the and the layout is very clean. However the page with the title bring music to life is having some contrast issues between the title and the picture in the back ground. I would suggest a decorative but subtle transparent box behind the title in order to help with the readability and contrast. Also perhaps you could bring in the bright yellow from the button as a highlight for body copy titles so that they pop more.