Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
cpeter2

Project 1 Final

Post by cpeter2 »

This is the website that I made for project 1. https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... ersen/PJ1/

On this assignment, I had a small problem With getting the Menu to work for Mobile.
I was unable to get it to work fully but I hope that you will all enjoy the website. Also on
the website clicking on the icon at the top left will send you back to the home page.

> Oh yah also this website https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp Helped me Immensely
on this assignment and its a nice tool to use. Check it out.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

Krueckl

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by Krueckl »

I like the background for your home page. It is large and the contrast is great against the black. The red font color adds a dark feeling to the website and it matches the artwork as well. The red hover over the navigation makes it easy to read and navigate. I like that you can get back to the homepage by clicking on the logo on the far left. You were able to let us know that the logo was the home button. I do think that if you had not told us it would have taken me a while to figure it out. I think that making the logo icon a bit larger or adding some kind of effect to it would also help with that. It is nice that the artwork blows up larger when you click on them in the gallery. The page in general is very clean, organized, and readable. I like that you added a photo of the actual artist in his bio as well :)

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello Carl,
I really like your project! It is very appealing to the eyes! I love your gallery page! I like how you labeled the images, and how I am able to click on them. I can tell this took awhile to code I would have added a bit more top margin to the navigation buttons, and some of the buttons didn’t work depending on the pages I went to , but overall, great job! :D
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

What a clean high contrast design you have here, Carl. Very evocative of Syd Mead's work. I like your choice to keep the layout itself as simple as possible and detail it with some small Syd Mead style "greeblies", like the plusses on your gallery or the line on your homepage, to add visual detail. Otherwise the layout and colorscheme mostly sits back and let's the awesome pictures do all the heavy lifting. Typographically it works, too. The type is easy to read, but pairs nicely with Mead's cyberpunk aesthetic. It's decently responsive across most of the pages, though a bit stronger on the computer than mobile. Your navigation is easy to see and use. One of my favorite little details is the underline that pops in beneath your main navigation at smaller resolutions.

Your About page isn't as responsive as the others. Something seems to be occluding your main navigation on your inner pages as well. I don't know that your contact form needed to go edge to edge at higher resolutions.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

your website is decently responsive, with some very interesting features. however, the body copy sometimes overlaps into the titles making the body copy unreadable. with the unique way that the two moves around the page it would be better to make them two different div boxes so that they have less of a chance to overlap in such a way.
additionally, the contact pages, gallery, and about link are broken. the gallery pages' about link is broken.
over all the website has some interesting features, the colors create visual interest and contrast. it's well balanced and interesting to look at. it would be nice to see the plus sign elements on the home page as it is seen on the other pages.