project01 final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
gclouser701

project01 final

Post by gclouser701 »

I think I accomplished what I set out to do other than a hamburger menu because I couldn't figure out the java script. Other than that I'm happy with how it turned out.

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project01/

cpeter2

Re: project01 final

Post by cpeter2 »

Amazing job on the layout you chose for your website. The Black and while main aesthetic with
speckles of color really make the work of the artist you chose pop. I really like how clean the whole
layout you have created is easy to navigate and understand as well as nice to look at. Overall nice
job on the assignment, your website looks great.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello Gavin,
This looks amazing! I love the color palette, it’s easy to navigate, and it works very well in smaller resolutions! I love the Gallery page! I can’t find anything to change. Fantastic job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

Your website looks awesome. It looks so professional and super fun to scroll through. The colors against the white background stand out so much. It's beautiful. I love the artistic colorful backgrounds on the titles of the gallery and about sections. Super creative addition to match the home picture. I really like how the website scrolls down. I would like to be able to figure out how to make a website with that type of scrolling layout. The contact form at the bottom of the page looks clean and professional as well. The link buttons on the bottom left corners of the page actually link which is awesome. The only thing I would do different is reverse the sections of the navigation so that the home tab is the first one your click on. Amazing job!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, here's another super simple one that let's it's artist do the talking. You people are learning! What an antiseptically clean little website you've built for yourself here, Gavin. I feel like I'm walking around in a modern art gallery here. Totally fits with the artist. What you're doing here is letting his pretty damn rad art do all the talking which is a decision I support. The clean layout allows for easy navigation and easy uptake of information. I like your typographic choices as well. The work with Magdiel Lopez's sensibility. And those pictures! You chose some great work to really show Magdiel off to us. I like that, other than your gradients behind the page titles, the only real color is being provided by those images. Really draws the eye to them like a moth to a flame. Most of the website is really nicely responsive as well. It displays nicely on most platforms. I can feel the effort you put into it.

The only area where it's top-notch responsiveness falls down a bit is in the main navigation. It get's a little tough to use at narrower/smaller resolutions like phones. I think that the images on the About page would look a little better centered. Some of the gradients behind your titles are clipping a little at the top.

Well done!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

code wise your website is very responsive and has a very nice layout. It's super clean and utilizes a lot of white space. this white space works for most of the website especially the home page and the gallery pages. however, the service page and to some extent the about pages are too simple for they are just black and white. the first thought is that those pages look dry and do not communicate any excitement. Considering how exciting the artist's work is I would recommend adding some color to the headers and either an interesting gradient like the other pages have or some highlighted artworks.
a couple of your images are of low resolution and are pixelating due to that and I would recommend a high-resolution file.