Project #3 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
emilyduke:3

Project #3 Final

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Hi everyone!

Here is my final for project #3 - I feel like I got a better idea of grid-layouts at this point. I wasn't able to load it up yesterday - but let me know what you think!
https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... roject-03/

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project #3 Final

Post by Instructor »

Ah, the gridmaster strikes again! Looking good, Emily.

You've got yourself another great grid layout here. I like the different widths and heights of the grid to add visual interest and each page's grid is different which makes for some fascinating discoveries as you explore the site. I like the unity of you using the colors from the Burning Man logo throughout the website. It creates strong unity of the brand. Having your main navigation paced throughout your home page was a strong choice. As were your photos. There's a ton of them and each and every one shows off an aspect of the event, reinforces your text content, and attracts people to attend. Good margin thoughout the thing, too. Everything breathes so easily especially considering it's a grid site.

Your bodycopy on some of your inner pages is a little bold for my taste. The type weight works fine for buttons and headlines, but it's a little thick for regular copy. It's not immediately apparent that the logo in the upper right is your dropdown menu trigger.

Great job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262