Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
NalaniN

Project 1 Final

Post by NalaniN »

Here is my Project 1 final. I had a hard time choosing between my rough layouts because I liked them both.

I left room on the "Books" page to add more since he's written way more than 4 books. :lol:

I discovered at the end that after the initial coding setup I pretty much completely forgot about the hamburger dropdown, so it looks awfully sad, but at least it works. :oops:

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... -home.html

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by Instructor »

I like how lush this one feels, Nalani. Just great use of background imagery to add depth and visual interest.

Your layout is very strong as well. You've let your background imagery point (in some cases literally) the eye around your clean, simple layout. I really like how tightly you've integrated everything together. And it works on your responsive versions of the site as well! Your header and footer make for a great picture frame around your composition. What I really find visually interesting are all the subtle details you included in: the slight bolding of the navigation on rollover, the little drop shadows, the semi transparency of some of your containers. Clearly you were inspired by your background images.

I can definitely see your dropdown menu is where you ran out of time. Lol. Still, it's well placed and works even if it looks like a car that's been in seven accidents, so you got the functionality down at least.

The whole design and layout really gives a great feel for Brandon Sanderson.

Good work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

wilson_iii

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by wilson_iii »

Wow! Nicely done! I like that you kept with the concept in your rough but improved it overall in several ways! I love the use of color, and I like the bit about you making this as a fan in the copyright!